Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

I'm a little short of cash at the moment

Yeah, and I’m also short of a plane at the moment. I'm in New Zealand right now and plan to start a small shuttle service. Fortunately I’ve found a plane that was for sale quite cheap. I bought it over the internet, but I’ve only seen pictures, not the plane so far. But the owner said it is in good condition, maybe a minor paint job here and there. The guy I bought it from said it’s parked outside at Te Anau airport on New Zealand’s South Island. That's great, because I love the South Island. He said it had been decontaminated and even had a brand new cup holder. Hhmmmhh…I’m not sure what this all means, but I need a plane, as I have just accepted to ferry tourists from Queenstown to Mt. Cook. 

Ortho4XP photoscenery, free airport sceneries, Milviz C 310 

Cessna-310-R-1.jpg

So here is my latest purchase

Cessna-310-R-6.jpg

Only a minor paint job????

Cessna-310-R-7.jpg

What did he mean by “decontaminated”??? And where is the new cup holder? 

Cessna-310-R-8.jpg

For some reasons, the engines did actually start and the instruments appear to work too. But I think the nacelles will fall apart any minute

Cessna-310-R-10.jpg

Anyway, there is no time to loose, let’s head for Queenstown

Cessna-310-R-15.jpg

I can’t believe it, I’m in the air

Cessna-310-R-17.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-21.jpg

A very inviting cabin, my pax will like it….hhmmhh, hopefully

Cessna-310-R-37.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-60.jpg

So far so good. I’m amazed

Cessna-310-R-61.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-72.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-74.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-76.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-78.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-81.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-91.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-95.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-98.jpg

Cool, I survived. I'm in Queenstown. Now I only need to locate my pax

Cessna-310-R-102.jpg

You know, what’s strange, none of my pax wanted to board my plane. They even threatened to sue me. Maybe I sell the plane again. I can see there in the distance a few large trucks. Maybe I can buy one of them and start a trucking business. Some of them must be cheap. You know, I’m a little short of cash at the moment…

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

***Hahaha!!! Love It!!!***😁

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Well, I hope you at least replaced the ELT and life preserver seat cushions...  😲

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

That's maybe the most weathered paint I've ever seen hehe!

Nice shots

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Very very nice paint.😮

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

So what? Engines are running, seats are made from leather... People are very demanding these days.

May it be that the plane played a role in a major crime? Look at the sprayed red colour at the left side of the nose. Bloody.

But the spinners are polished.

• Upvote 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Brilliant story! Thanks for posting.:cool:

The plane's decontaminated eh? Well decontaminated of any incriminating body parts I guess!....:ph34r:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Many thanks my friends for your kind comments. 

20 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

Where did you find that paint job!

T45

Here you go, T45:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/48636-milviz-t310r-repaint-rusty/

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

On 3/21/2019 at 5:14 AM, bernd1151 said:

Yeah, and I’m also short of a plane at the moment. I'm in New Zealand right now and plan to start a small shuttle service. Fortunately I’ve found a plane that was for sale quite cheap. I bought it over the internet, but I’ve only seen pictures, not the plane so far. But the owner said it is in good condition, maybe a minor paint job here and there. The guy I bought it from said it’s parked outside at Te Anau airport on New Zealand’s South Island. That's great, because I love the South Island. He said it had been decontaminated and even had a brand new cup holder. Hhmmmhh…I’m not sure what this all means, but I need a plane, as I have just accepted to ferry tourists from Queenstown to Mt. Cook. 

Ortho4XP photoscenery, free airport sceneries, Milviz C 310 

Cessna-310-R-1.jpg

So here is my latest purchase

Cessna-310-R-6.jpg

Only a minor paint job????

Cessna-310-R-7.jpg

What did he mean by “decontaminated”??? And where is the new cup holder? 

Cessna-310-R-8.jpg

For some reasons, the engines did actually start and the instruments appear to work too. But I think the nacelles will fall apart any minute

Cessna-310-R-10.jpg

Anyway, there is no time to loose, let’s head for Queenstown

Cessna-310-R-15.jpg

I can’t believe it, I’m in the air

Cessna-310-R-17.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-21.jpg

A very inviting cabin, my pax will like it….hhmmhh, hopefully

Cessna-310-R-37.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-60.jpg

So far so good. I’m amazed

Cessna-310-R-61.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-72.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-74.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-76.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-78.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-81.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-91.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-95.jpg 

Cessna-310-R-98.jpg

Cool, I survived. I'm in Queenstown. Now I only need to locate my pax

Cessna-310-R-102.jpg

You know, what’s strange, none of my pax wanted to board my plane. They even threatened to sue me. Maybe I sell the plane again. I can see there in the distance a few large trucks. Maybe I can buy one of them and start a trucking business. Some of them must be cheap. You know, I’m a little short of cash at the moment…

I'd say that paint and interior won't get the aircraft sold on Barnstormers, lol!

Great pics and story, thanks for the post. The plane looks like it came straight outta Fallout 4 😄

Be careful where you dump that thing... :biggrin:

• Like 1

Excellent..but you're on your own....lol...new meaning to the phrase...Solo Flight lol

ugcx_banner.png