Sign in to follow this  
lefsekling

Outside textures not showing

Hi!

I flew the beautiful TinMouse in FS9 several years ago, and was happy when I found out that she is still flying in FSX. I installed the plane yesterday, v1.40, but a funny thing occured. None of the paint textures will show up, and I have done everything exactly as they say in the installation readme. I also reinstalled, trying v1.30 only, but it was just the same. So, that's where I'm at. The aircraft.cfg file is the untouched original one that follows the v1.30 install.

Uten-navn.png

I suppose I have done something wrong, but I can't see what. I run FSX Steam Edition - could that be the problem?

Most DX9 textures from FS9 are not compatible with DX10.  See if there is a DX10 version of the textures.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Aha, then I understand. Thanks a lot.

I looked through the FAQ to see if this was an issue, but I only looked for 'textures' and not 'liveries'. Surely it says clear and simple at the bottom that this is a problem. I'll try to sort it out!

I have tried different things now, but I still can't get this to work. I downloaded an Aloha repaint (fsx_p3d_aloha_airlines_737-200_1970.zip), which is painted in DXT5 format, and supposedly tested in FSX-SE. The only thing that shows up are the wheels. I also tried the batch script presented here, converting everything in the standard TinMouse liveries nicely to DXT5 with mipmaps, but still only the wheels showing up. If I try to disable 'Preview DX10' the textures show up in the FSX menus, but the whole sim crashes when I try to load a flight. So, another blind alley there of course.

This is such a weird problem. Are there some other textures I need to convert as well? Some transparent TinMouse textures that for some reason are on top of those I try to use, and therefore turns everything grey? I suspect something like that since only the wheels are showing. They were invisible (not even grey) before, so maybe the grey stuff wont affect these textures.

Uten-navn2.png