Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

No Preview Available of Falcon 50 in Prepar3Dv4 Startup

Shortly after trying to install the latest Falcon 50 update I discovered it would not open in P3dv4.  When you select the 50, the P3d startup window displays No Preview Available.  If you continue, it fails to display any aircraft, just your location, etc.  I went ahead and reinstalled the Lear 35 and it behaves and loads as normal.  For the last two days I have tried to install the Falcon 50 again.  I've used fresh downloads with different browsers, turned off Windows Defender, etc.  When you look at the files in P3dv4 Sim Objects, they look pretty normal to me.  All my down loads have been from SimMarket  although I have never had this happen before.  Any ideas?

Mike Nicholson, Jetline Systems PC, 4.20 Intel 4 Core i7-7700k CDU, Nividia GTX 1060 6GB card,  32722 mbs memory, Windows 10- 64bit, Prepar3D v4.4

Did you happen to look at the Falcon 50 aircraft.cfg file with a text editor like notepad? It should contain about 8 entries  (0-7) that look similar to this:

[fltsim.0]
title=Falcon50 5A-DCM
sim=Falcon50
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=5A-DCM
kb_checklists=Falcon50_check
kb_reference=Falcon50_ref
atc_id=5A-DCM
atc_airline=Falcon
ui_manufacturer="Flysimware"
ui_type="Falcon 50"
ui_variation="5A-DCM"
ui_typerole="Corporate Jet"
ui_createdby="Flysimware"
description="The Falcon 50 first prototype flew in November 1976 and deliveries of the trijet began in 1979. It had a new supercritical wing design and was the first business jet capable of crossing the Atlantic Ocean with legal fuel reserves. It had both a wing span and length of approximately 61 feet. It was originally equipped with three Garrett TFE 731-3 turbofan engines which gave it a range of over 3000 nautical miles, a typical cruise speed of 430 knots, and a ceiling of 45,000 feet. It could take off in slightly less than 4700 feet and land in less than 2700 feet. Production ended in 2008."

Al

Hi Al,

Sorry it's taken so long to answer your post.  I had checked the box to be notified by email when there was a reply, but finally checked it this morning and saw yours.  Not quite sure what you wanted me to do, but I opened the .cfg file and this is the variation I normally fly.  I have always uninstalled the old and installed the update with no problem.  About the only thing different is I switched to Chrome for my browser  although I also downloaded and tried another with Edge.

//--------------------------GTN 750------------------------------ [fltsim.0] title=Falcon50 5A-DCM sim=Falcon50 model= panel= sound= texture=5A-DCM kb_checklists=Falcon50_check kb_reference=Falcon50_ref atc_id=5A-DCM atc_airline=Falcon ui_manufacturer="Flysimware" ui_type="Falcon 50" ui_variation="5A-DCM" ui_typerole="Corporate Jet" ui_createdby="Flysimware" description="The Falcon 50 first prototype flew in November 1976 and deliveries of the trijet began in 1979. It had a new supercritical wing design and was the first business jet capable of crossing the Atlantic Ocean with legal fuel reserves. It had both a wing span and length of approximately 61 feet. It was originally equipped with three Garrett TFE 731-3 turbofan engines which gave it a range of over 3000 nautical miles, a typical cruise speed of 430 knots, and a ceiling of 45,000 feet. It could take off in slightly less than 4700 feet and land in less than 2700 feet. Production ended in 2008."

I'm not sure why it didn't copy like yours, but it is the same as you set forth above.  Mike

4 hours ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

Hi Al,

Not quite sure what you wanted me to do, but I opened the .cfg file and this is the variation I normally fly.

OK Mike, I just wanted to see if you seem to have a valid aircraft.cfg file.

Since the Lear35 works, I assume you have the latest versions of the Rex WX radar and GTN750 if in fact you are using those addons.

Shooting in the dark here a bit, but ....

In your Falcon 50 directory you have a model folder probably located at C:\......P3Dv4\SimObjects\Airplanes\FLYSIM Falcon 50\model.  Inside the model folder you should have two model files called Falcon50.MDL and Falcon50_interior.MDL. The first file should be about 26,286KB and the second file about 24,791KB.  The Falcon50.MDL file provides the exterior model.  I ran a little experiment by renaming my Falcon50.MDL file so the sim could not find it, and I did get the No Preview Available message when I selected the Falcon50 for loading, so you might check that you do have these model files in the model folder.

If the model files look OK, another thing you might try is letting your Shaders folder rebuild which it will do when you restart P3D if the old folder has been removed. The shaders folder is usually located at C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders .  If you prefer, you can just back up your current shaders folder by renaming e.g., Shaders_old, and then start P3D and see if the rebuilt folder has solved your problem.

Al

Edited by ark

Hello again Al,

Both .MDL files in the Model folder match what you set forth above.  Also, the Shader folder regenerated and no change in not having a preview  picture of the Falcon.  It's certainly different when you can go ahead and load it, and you hear the engines, just no actual view of the aircraft.  Mike  PS:  I really want to see these new interior textures.

On other threads dealing with similar experiences they listed a couple of things that might cause this.

1.To many addon entries in the sceneryaddon.xml.

2. Update Video Driver

3. If using EZDOK run the EZDOK config after you update the Falcon

4. Any recent tweeks in the .cfg

5. Video card running out of memory

There seems to be others over the years having similar issues, Google and hopefully something will point you in the right direction.

You could try redownloading the installer in case the one you have is bad for some reason. If you try this uninstall the Falcon and also make sure no files are left over in the install location before reinstalling the Falcon.

You could also try disabling all addons. If that works, then add them back one by one to find the source of the problem.

I would try using the F-35 as your first loaded default aircraft and then switch to the Falcon. If you have been using a default flight before loading the Falcon I would delete that default flight in case it is corrupt somehow.

I'm running out of ideas......

Al

Edited by ark

Hi,

I just came across  something which has really caught my attention.    I just had the same thing happen with my PMDG 747-400 & 747-8 aircraft.  No visual depiction.  I did a complete uninstall and then went to install the 747-400 base program.  I immediately had a Window reflecting as follows: " An outdated version of Prepar3Dv4 has been detected - before you can install this PMDG Product you will need to update Prepar3Dv4."  I have had this version of P3Dv4 since a year ago last December.  I installed it, and every add on program I have installed has worked flawlessly.  I never dreamed there were updates.  Looks like I start with the Client installer and follow the directions line to line.  This may solve my problems.  Any hints or suggestions you can give me is appreciated.  I just don't want to have to reinstall all my programs.  I have kept scenery files to a minimum.  Only the two Flight 1 programs.  So, I'm hoping this may solve my program.  I've already did a manual uninstall of the 747, but will do the same with the Falcon 50.  Take care, Mike

OK - here is the latest update in this saga.  I had P3Dv4 version 4.3.29.25520 which Jetline Systems installed when I purchased my PC in Dec 2017.  I'm quite surprised I haven't had a problem before this.  I installed Version 4.4.16.27077, the latest version, this morning.   I reinstalled my PMDG 747-400 and 747-8 today.  It must have liked having P3D up to date as it went slick as could be.  Then I tried installing the Falcon 50.  I thought I was home free as when I clicked on my favorite, and it showed in the preview window where it wouldn't before.. However, when I tried to actually load it, I got a window saying to use the F1 update tool to get the latest version difinitions file.  I opened the tool and it reflected my 27077 P3d version.  It told me to contact the software people i.e. FSW.  Then I tried the Lear 35.  It showed in the selection window, but also would not load.  So I'm assuming both the Falcon and Lear have not been updated for the P3D latest version.  I would like to confirm this if I'm right and have an approximate time when this might happen.  Thanks, Mike  PS: These are the only two aircraft that won't load.

24 minutes ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

So I'm assuming both the Falcon and Lear have not been updated for the P3D latest version.  I would like to confirm this if I'm right and have an approximate time when this might happen. 

Mike, I'm sorry to say that is not correct, there are a lot of us here using the Falcon and Lear with the latest version of P3Dv4.4. Make sure you have the latest versions of the GTN750 and Rex WX radar installed into P3Dv4 if you are using those addons.

Al

Edited by ark

I really want to Thank You Ark and MartinRex007 for all your help and advice.  I have certainly learned more about the flight sim world than at any time of doing this for the past 15+ years.  I updated the Wx Radar this am, and I now have the Lear and Falcon back.  I especially like the changes in the Falcon panel.  They also seem to make it some what easier for these eyes to scan it. I've sent a ticket into Flt 1 regarding updating the GTN 750 and the Trainer.  Now, if I could get my checkbook updated, I'd have it made.  Take care, and once again, "I sure appreciate your advice".  Mike

2 hours ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

I really want to Thank You Ark and MartinRex007 for all your help and advice.  I have certainly learned more about the flight sim world than at any time of doing this for the past 15+ years.  I updated the Wx Radar this am, and I now have the Lear and Falcon back.  I especially like the changes in the Falcon panel.  They also seem to make it some what easier for these eyes to scan it. I've sent a ticket into Flt 1 regarding updating the GTN 750 and the Trainer.  Now, if I could get my checkbook updated, I'd have it made.  Take care, and once again, "I sure appreciate your advice".  Mike

Glad to hear you got things working. The latest version of the GTN750 from Flight1 should work OK in P3Dv4.4.

Al

I am sorry to say I am having this exact same problem after loading the FSW Falcon 50 today.  I have read through the thread above and checked the items listed with no ability to get the Model Graphics (Preview or Model View) to work.  A couple of questions..

I updated the wx radar to the latest REX download, and I know all of the models use this but is there a way to DE SELECT any additional GPS add ons to take these out of the picture.  IOW, I just want to use the default GPS.  The GPS Panel Tool does not appear to allow DE SELECTION?

Any other suggestions ??

Mike Willey -  St Paul, Minnesota

vZBW VATSIM Controller

Jetline Systems WIN10 Pro Running P3DV5.1 and PMDG 737

1 hour ago, MikeWings said:

I am sorry to say I am having this exact same problem after loading the FSW Falcon 50 today.  I have read through the thread above and checked the items listed with no ability to get the Model Graphics (Preview or Model View) to work.  A couple of questions..

I updated the wx radar to the latest REX download, and I know all of the models use this but is there a way to DE SELECT any additional GPS add ons to take these out of the picture.  IOW, I just want to use the default GPS.  The GPS Panel Tool does not appear to allow DE SELECTION?

Any other suggestions ??

I would suggest you try using the GPS Management Tool to select the Flysimware GNS530 which is included with the Falcon50 download. That GPS unit should be as 'safe' to use as any, including the default sim GPS.  To eliminate all GPS units would require manually editing the panel.cfg file.

Al

Edited by ark