Sign in to follow this  
flotmangooner

Advice on payware aircraft please

Hi

I am looking to buy a decent aircraft program and  have looked at the following :

FSLABS 320
AEROSOFT 320
PMDG 737

As good as it looks, I don't think i can justify the cost of the FSLABS package so I think it is between the other two. 

Can anyone recommend one or the other please? 

There's so much already written in these forums regarding these add-ons that it'd be a waste to repeat it here again. 

Suggest you try a search and read though the copious amount of discussion already available, then ask if you still have specific unanswered questions.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I prefer the Aerosoft A320 over the FSlabs version (which is awfully slow on my system). As for the 737, it depends on whether you better like Boeing or Airbus. I personally prefer the latter. Having said that, all three are excellent models.

Peter

• Upvote 1

Don't overlook the iFly 737NG if your'e leaning towards the 737, it's very good in my experience.

I agree with Peter as well, the Aerosoft A320 is a fine choice IMHO.

You should probably define what you expect out of the simulation. How realistic, or high fidelity should it be? If you give us more information on what you want out of it, we can give you more precise advice.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

737 NGX!!!  The one aircraft every serious simmer should experience.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

As has been mentioned, there is plenty of conversation already available on this topic (not including available Youtube videos).

The OP's question specifically asks to make a recommendation between the PMDG Boeing and the Aerosoft Airbus.

To the OP, you may first want to consider what type of flying you do...are you part of a Virtual Airline? What air frames are included in your VA fleet to maximize flight pairings/destination options?

Are you a relative "beginner" or are you looking for advanced simulation features?

My thoughts, after you answer the above for yourself:

Both options are good aircraft...the A/S A3xx series is stilling having a few "teething pains" being a relatively new offering. It is a "bread and butter" aircraft for A/S and will no doubt continue to be updated. Conversely, the PMDG is an older aircraft, very stable and highly popular. Be forewarned if you're not already aware; PMDG will be offering a new 737 platform in the next 12-24 months (assumed) which will likely make the NGX "obsolete" and a "cost effective" B737 upgrade likely non-existent.

Just my thoughts/considerations.

Rob

• Like 1

If you want to fly a AIrbus and money is an issue get the AS320 (AS = Aerosoft). If it not the FSLabs is a nicer aircraft but it's significantly more and needs a decent system to run nicely. PMDG is a no brainer. Their aircraft and reputation speak for themselves, both outstanding.The AS320 has some bugs. Read their forums. They are constantly tweaking and improving it. None are bad except for the managed speed but that really only affects a tiny fraction of the users. It was a problem for me until my PC died. With my new PC it isn't an issue. I do have the FSLabs 320 and 319 now because my new PC handles them easily. My old pc was slower but the AS ran great on it. Really can't go wrong with any of the 3. All comes down to preference , budget and system specs.

Edited by Irishcurse

Richie Walsh

I also would take the Majestics dash8 in consideration.

I personally find this one the most immersive of them all and the easiest one to manually land. Downsides are that the preflight takes longer, the routes are shorter and it isn't always easy to find routes when you only fly real world legs.

The Aerosoft Airbus Professional for P3D4 is still ridiculously broken 6 months after release.  I can't believe anyone would sanely recommend it at this point.

Edited by Greggy_D

7 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

737 NGX!!!  The one aircraft every serious simmer should experience

for reasons including its compatability with hardware & software addons, mostly due to support via its SDK.

for now, cheers

john martin

9 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

The Aerosoft Airbus Professional for P3D4 is still ridiculously broken 6 months after release.  I can't believe anyone would sanely recommend it at this point.

Also all the developers have been moved to the 330.

Also the AS bus is the only aircraft I know with no pop up PFD/ND and both of them are mirrored so you cannot even set up the most basic cockpit style with weather on the captains side and terrain on the FO side, both them thing were going to be in it but......

If you want the best and soon to be moved to even a higher level then save and buy the FSL. If you cannot justify the cost then you have one left. Also before any fool say it’s about failures, wrong it’s about the aircraft being as close to the real thing as possible and the update coming brings another level to what it’s like to be a captain of an Airbus.

PMDG NG. Old but sill an amazing aircraft. It’s a must buy if you want to get into passenger Airliners. IMO get this x10 over the AS bus.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

47 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Also all the developers have been moved to the 330.

Also the AS bus is the only aircraft I know with no pop up PFD/ND and both of them are mirrored so you cannot even set up the most basic cockpit style with weather on the captains side and terrain on the FO side, both them thing were going to be in it but......

If you want the best and soon to be moved to even a higher level then save and buy the FSL. If you cannot justify the cost then you have one left. Also before any fool say it’s about failures, wrong it’s about the aircraft being as close to the real thing as possible and the update coming brings another level to what it’s like to be a captain of an Airbus.

PMDG NG. Old but sill an amazing aircraft. It’s a must buy if you want to get into passenger Airliners. IMO opinion get this x10 over the AS bus.

+1 agree

Learning curve/experience for me was the NGX , Maddog MD82 , 777 , 747 , FSL A320/A319 ,

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png