Sign in to follow this  
mypupdaisy

Best and Most Current North America/USA Mesh

Title says it all. I'm looking for the best looking, current and up to date mesh for North America/USA. I should add, I would prefer something that's not going to just destroy my frame rate hahaha.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by mypupdaisy
Added info

If I may be permitted to link to another site then :-

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/68/815

OFX Mega Mesh USA

Freeware.. I think it was put on their site in 2016 so it's brand new, from a geological timeframe standpoint! 😄

Seems easy on the framerate too.

Of course, that just gets you the terrain mesh. You need to decide what textures you're having on that mesh...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

If you want absolute best mesh money can buy - FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation

If you prefer to save your money and can settle for 85-90% of the detail vs. above. - FreeMeshX

Throw either of those terms into your search bar and you'll find them

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

4 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

If you want absolute best mesh money can buy - FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation

I've always been a toposim fan (since fsgenesis days).  Is FSG Global next gen better and/or based on newer data?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

FWIW Freemesh X North America mesh is open for beta testing, but the actual release does NOT cover the continental 48 States.

FreeMeshX LOD10 (38-m) coverage:

• North America (LOD10 Canada is released in this mesh - default USA is already LOD10, so USA is not included for the base release. An LOD11 - LOD12 USA mesh is WIP.)

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Is FSG Global next gen better and/or based on newer data?

While I will do my best to shy away from sounding like an ad, yes. The data was commercially sourced in 2017 and goes as high as LOD15 in mountainous regions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

1 minute ago, HighBypass said:

FWIW Freemesh X North America mesh is open for beta testing, but the actual release does NOT cover the continental 48 States.

Correct, because the source data in sim is the same data. Did you scroll down to where the LOD12 mesh can be downloaded?

Yes, but only alluded to that in my comment about the NA mesh being open for beta testing :blush:

Mark Robinson

Just now, HighBypass said:

Yes, but only alluded to that in my comment about the NA mesh being open for beta testing :blush:

NP. I just want to make sure you and everyone know that there is US LOD12 mesh avail currently, complete with instructions for use.
The Dev is great and really helpful should issues arise.

• Upvote 1

What is better LOD 10 or LOD 12. What about 30m vs 12m. What is the difference between LOD 10/12 vs 30m mesh? Sort of confused as to which is better to download.

more you get higher more you get detail so LOD 12 is better same for photo real tile.

The problem is more you use high detail and more the engine need to refresh and frame rate sink.

max_lod=8 min or max_level=10   which equals 304 meters per pixel
max_lod=9 min or max_level=11  which equals 152 meters per pixel
max_lod=10 min or max_level=12  which equals 76 meters per pixel
max_lod=11 min or max_level=13  which equals 19 meters per pixel
max_lod=12  min or max_level=14  which equals 9.5 meters per pixel
max_lod=13 min or max_level=15  which equals 4.7 meters per pixel ( FS9 max resolution)
max_lod=14  min or max_level=16  which equals 2.4 meters per pixel
max_lod=15 min or max_level=17  which equals 1.1 meters per pixel (Default FSX resolution)
max_lod=16 min or max_level=18  which equals 60cm per pixel (FSX High Resolution, slow!)
max_lod=17 min or max_level=19  which equals 30cm per pixel (FSX High Resolution, slow

• Like 1