Sign in to follow this  
ncngrr

ASP4 Networked Installation Worthwhile?

3 hours ago, djbully said:

I’ve used WiFi several times over the years. I find that it will degrade over time. So it’s pretty solid for a year or so then it starts to get random disconnects and that is very frustrating. 

I think the radioactive parts of the receivers degrade over time and need to be replaced. I got fed up with it and just run a wire to wherever I need it. No more headaches 🤗

I generally prefer just running cable if practical as well, but it's not always practical.  I also want reliable wireless for our mobile devices, which (keeping this sim related) I also use for simming, particularly my iPad running first Foreflight and now FltPlan.  The biggest cause of degradation for most folks is actually your neighbors and their changing activities and wireless setups, not time.

That said, I moved to a mesh network several years ago (Orbi in my case) and my wireless access has been drop-dead reliable anywhere in my house ever since.  A bit spendy, but for us it has been well worth it.

Scott