Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

Virtualcol A220 Released!

Very nice mod and thanks for sharing. However, the plane still does not fullfill my expectations, the modelling is just so not right, it bothers me each time I take the plane out for a flight. Night lighting and lighting generally is a joke (come on, taxilight illuminating the cockpit when front gear is retracted? Seriously?). If it would not be that cheap and Gustavo would not have done better repaints, I would have deleted the plane already again. The GTN mod will for sure help to make some flights at least with SID and STAR, but for the GTN, it is really annoying that the Nav database can not be updated...

All in all a little bit to many compromises for this little plane to really enjoy (or recommend).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hey guys ,in the overhead panel there is a section called *taws* which has gear, terr and flaps , what is this used for? 

Activate/deactivate Terrain Awareness Warning System:

The aural warnings if you forgot gear are wrong flap setting while landing. Or fly into terrain especially in mountainious area.

vpa558.png

On 5/20/2019 at 10:20 AM, wildtomcat said:

Activate/deactivate Terrain Awareness Warning System:

The aural warnings if you forgot gear are wrong flap setting while landing. Or fly into terrain especially in mountainious area.

thank you

I really find the sounds very dissapointing.. Anybody found an alternative?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Jens Tijtgat said:

I really find the sounds very dissapointing.. Anybody found an alternative?

Earlier in this thread MarioR posted an edit to to the default sounds which I find works quite well.

Aside from that, there are any number of alternatives you could use, for example sound sets from the payware Aerosoft A320 series if you have that, or possibly something (payware) from TSS, or one of a variety of freeware sound packages that are available for the A320 class aircraft.

The Pratt & Whitney 1500G geared turbofans on the A220 are relatively new on the market, and have a somewhat unique sound, so there's nothing available at the moment for flight simmers that i'm aware of. You'll either have to try the edit mentioned above, or substitute something that suits your tastes.

• Like 1

No saved flights are provided. And no configuration utility. I found hard to put the plane in a dark and cold state. Looks like master battery is always on, as every displays pfd, mfd, ecc.. are on.

Not the best payware on the market, i would say....

Edited by Alberto Zanot

Has anyone been able to successfully follow the instructions for entering a flight plan in the FMS as provided in the A220 manual (P18)? Of course it's a simplified gauge, but it doesn't seem to recognise ICAO codes, although it does load an standard .pln flight plan.

No support forum on their web site, only a customer service portal. Cheap and cheerful products have their drawbacks unfortunately.

13 hours ago, Gabshall said:

but it doesn't seem to recognise ICAO codes, although it does load an standard .pln flight plan.

Works fine for me. Make sure you mouse click in the "airport origin" box in the FMS window (shift+8) first, before you start entering the ICAO code. If you follow the directions in the manual it works just like it says it does.

OM213tJ.jpg

Edited by SunDevil56
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 7:12 AM, b1bmsgt said:

I realize not everyone will care, but Virtualcol has released it's Airbus A220! I am in the process of downloading it right now. I'll have a little review after I have checked it out!

Russ

I will read your review, Russ - as long as it includes test piloting a 32-bit version in 64-bit Prepar3d!

😊

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

@SunDevil56 Thanks for taking the time to post the screen shot. I was following the instructions in the manual (just as you explained), but it still didn't work. Your assertion that it did work, however, led me to reinstall (twice) and it finally works! Your help was really useful - thank you.

13 minutes ago, Gabshall said:

@SunDevil56 Thanks for taking the time to post the screen shot. I was following the instructions in the manual (just as you explained), but it still didn't work. Your assertion that it did work, however, led me to reinstall (twice) and it finally works! Your help was really useful - thank you.

No worries, glad it worked out...😎

If you haven't already installed it, there is a service pack available. Top of the page here...

https://www.virtualcol.com/products.php?kcmdlnk=actualizaciones

• Like 1