Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

AI Slider doesn't work. FSUIPC?

Right so I'm using AIG for my AI (amazing just by the way!), but for some reason my AI slider in P3D doesn't seem to be working. 

If its set to 1% I have the same amount of AI as if it's set to 100%. 

I have a feeling this has seomthing to do with the FSUIPC AI traffic settings however, I don't think I'v messed with them and i don't want to try. 

thanks! 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

21 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

If its set to 1% I have the same amount of AI as if it's set to 100%

ron

first-up guesses / questions but before that check you have fsuipc set to 0 (in its UI) which is off. if you set it to a low figure than that will limit spawning in total (air & ground) to that amount & hence increasing the slider has little affect.

are you seeing all the airlines you expect .... maybe you are only seeing some & there's a glitch in other's bgl / textures, thus why you see little change with the slider adjust or they might be airborne.

& without knowing how many & which airlines / airport / time of day, the next question could be ..... ?

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

21 minutes ago, vadriver said:

ron

first-up guesses / questions but before that check you have fsuipc set to 0 (in its UI) which is off. if you set it to a low figure than that will limit spawning in total (air & ground) to that amount & hence increasing the slider has little affect.

are you seeing all the airlines you expect .... maybe you are only seeing some & there's a glitch in other's bgl / textures, thus why you see little change with the slider adjust or they might be airborne.

& without knowing how many & which airlines / airport / time of day, the next question could be ..... ?

What do you mean set 0 in the UI in the UI for P3D or in the .ini for FSUIPC? All my airlines appear to working, all of the time. 

Thanks! 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

All of the flightplans in AIG are set to 1% so you won't see any changes with the slider. It is discussed in this very current and active thread. 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

55 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Right so I'm using AIG for my AI (amazing just by the way!), but for some reason my AI slider in P3D doesn't seem to be working. 

If its set to 1% I have the same amount of AI as if it's set to 100%. 

I have a feeling this has seomthing to do with the FSUIPC AI traffic settings however, I don't think I'v messed with them and i don't want to try. 

All AIG packages have AI set to 1% in the timetables.
You should use the program AIFP to randomise the AI % to get control of how much AI appears.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/549285-thank-you-for-ai-manager-aig-i-have-ai-lots-of-it/?page=5

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 minutes ago, F737NG said:

All AIG packages have AI set to 1% in the timetables.
You should use the program AIFP to randomise the AI % to get control of how much AI appears.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/549285-thank-you-for-ai-manager-aig-i-have-ai-lots-of-it/?page=5

O I see, I did not know that. Thank you very much! 

Ron Hamilton

42 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

What do you mean set 0 in the UI in the UI for P3D or in the .ini for FSUIPC?

my best answer ..... the appendix:the traffic limiter facility in fsuipc5 user guidem on what to set (or simply at the miscellaneous page of FSUIPC options and settings in the sim's addon fsuipc menu)

i prefer the limiter to "randomising" whichever way you use the later .... randomising is a bit hit & miss for me (not necessarily adjusting planes at my regular airports, hiding core liveries, & essentially saying a flight on the timetable is cancelled X% of the time.

but then again, one can rarely achieve palatable performance without some culling method.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

18 hours ago, vadriver said:

my best answer ..... the appendix:the traffic limiter facility in fsuipc5 user guidem on what to set (or simply at the miscellaneous page of FSUIPC options and settings in the sim's addon fsuipc menu)

i prefer the limiter to "randomising" whichever way you use the later .... randomising is a bit hit & miss for me (not necessarily adjusting planes at my regular airports, hiding core liveries, & essentially saying a flight on the timetable is cancelled X% of the time.

but then again, one can rarely achieve palatable performance without some culling method.

Ironically enough... the developer of FSUIPC, Pete Dowson just happens to be posting in the very thread mentioned, discussing how he has been adjusting his AIG traffic levels using AIFP.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Ironically enough... the developer of FSUIPC, Pete Dowson just happens to be posting in the very thread mentioned, discussing how he has been adjusting his AIG traffic levels using AIFP.

Yes it is interesting, though it appears he's not keen on doing it file by file.

If he succeeds with the bulk "randomise", i'll be asking if he's still using the FSUIPC Limiter as well to invoke its fps control when the "randomise" has not reduced spawning at a chosen airport and / or he never sees a SIA aircraft at Heathrow.

For mine, using the FSUIPC Limiter with all AIG activity levels @ 1% is in effect a "in sim variable randomise" which avoids such & takes 10 secs to tweak in the first instance &/or inflight.

• Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

On 3/23/2019 at 1:20 AM, vadriver said:

Yes it is interesting, though it appears he's not keen on doing it file by file.

If he succeeds with the bulk "randomise", i'll be asking if he's still using the FSUIPC Limiter as well to invoke its fps control when the "randomise" has not reduced spawning at a chosen airport and / or he never sees a SIA aircraft at Heathrow.

For mine, using the FSUIPC Limiter with all AIG activity levels @ 1% is in effect a "in sim variable randomise" which avoids such & takes 10 secs to tweak in the first instance &/or inflight.

John, could you share your [TRAFFIC LIMITER] settings in FSUIPC and P3Dv4 Traffic %?

Thanks,

@Dirk98 

using fsuipc5151 (not the current which may have enhanced the limiter features) with P3D452, all traffic.bgl's compiled with AIFP (not AIMOCI) at default 1% activity levels (not randomised) ..... & sim slider set at 50% (but could be any except 0 to the same affect)

[Traffic Limiter]
AirportPreference=50
PlannedAirportsPreference=50
GroundPreference=50
NearerPreference=50
TargetFrameRate=30 // using FFTF to match sim's UFL 30fps
TrafficLimit=120

hope this helps

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin