Sign in to follow this  
jackadision

Disable Services for Better Gaming performance

Hi,
I wanna disable some services because I want & I have to do so.

My Windows 10 system is extremely slow, this is really very irritating. My apps are crashing; games are lagging very time unable to play games on my Windows 10 system

I searched the web and found that disabling some of the services will help you improve the system performance and allow you to play game smoothly/

Well here are some of the useful that helped me to diagnose which services are unnecessary and are safe to disable:

Sources:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance

https://www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/windows-10-services-to-disable-for-performance

http://www.pcerror-fix.com/windows-10-services-to-disable-for-gaming

I suggest you take a look at Black Viper's website. He has some very good guides on how to streamline Windows 10.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Are you sure it's not your hardware which is slowing things down? What CPU, GPU, RAM and screen resolution are you using?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Disabling the indexing service on its own can produce major improvements in performance by not having your hard disks trolled for info on and in every file, at random intervals usually when you want the cpu to be doing something YOU want it to do... 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Look at the CPU time column on task manager. You'll find that most services consume no significant amount of CPU time.

If your system is unstable and apps are crashing, you need to fix that. That's your real problem.

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

W10 has a built in gaming mode you can activate. Not sure how good it is, but worth checking out.

Plus an SSD is well worth the expense. Which keep coming down in price.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.