Sign in to follow this  
tinmouse

Free Bush C172 and some Bush flying for a change! : )

Happy Friday folks!

Some bush flying this week! I think Bush flying could be a thing on X-Plane 11, I’ve had so much fun! Also, see the free PropStrike studios C172 specifically for bush flying examined in this video!

Enjoy!

GripperSim.  :  )

Edited by tinmouse
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I had noticed this but have had some problems getting it to work - not managed it so far

Needs PropStrike studios download (free) plus a Simcoders download (approx19 Dollars)

Not really that successful for me 

xxd09

Hi xxd09,

I got the C172 mod download from PropStrike. I am not using the Simcoder program and it works fine. They do nice work on scenery as well. I think PS meant that if you already have the C172 Simcoder program it will work with their modified bush plane.

Jim Morgan

I had noticed this but have had some problems getting it to work - not managed it so far

Needs PropStrike studios download (free) plus a Simcoders download (approx19 Dollars)

Not really that successful for me 

xxd09

That’s good to know

How did you install it ? -create a clone 172 and put PropStrike Bush Pilot file into it?

Would like to know your installation procedure if poss

xxd09

PS I have all their Sceneries and they are terrific 

Edited by xxd09
Spelling

HI All!

Thanks for all your comments! Sorry for the late response! With regards to the scenery, It worked fine for me, perhaps try and downloading it again. As far as I can remember I just unzipped everything into the Custom Scenery folder. I didn't need to install anything else. I'll have a look.

As for the aircraft, I copied the original C172 folder and pasted it renamed as "Bush C172". All in the Aircraft folder. Then I simply downloaded the MOD files into the New "Bush C172" folder. I hope that makes sense. Perhaps you did not put the files in the right place if it does not work. I had to read the institutions a second time to be clear on how to install it to be honest. Let me know!

Thanks and sorry for the late rely, I didn't put notifications on the post. My bad.

GripperSim.

Converting the Skyhawk to a tail dragger without changing the gear/gear box is unreal.  IRL they use C180 gear legs/box for added height - prop clearance and larger tires.

Thanks for that tinmouse

Thats what I did-tried manfully with the guys from PropStrike Studios but no joy

Sceneries are great

!ust be a peculiarity in my System 

xxd09

Great video friend, the bit at the end was funny! I will sub your YT channel, look forward to more reviews.