Sign in to follow this  
19Delta

IXEG Development Moving Forward Again

Tom Kyler posted over on the X/V forum that the IXEG Development is moving forward again with areas for updates including, 3D cabin/doors/animations and the FMS. That's excellent news.

• Like 2

Ben Thompson

Ben

I just saw it on FSElite news and its about time. 

It was one of the first aircraft that brought me to X-plane in the first place.  I am glad that they are finally getting around to working on the other aspects of the aircraft with openings doors etc as well as updating the FMS. So this is good news

Bob

Surprisingly; after all these years, this is still my main go-to aircraft, they's just sometime about the 737 Classic that captures you.

• Like 2

Ben Thompson

59 minutes ago, 19Delta said:

Surprisingly; after all these years, this is still my main go-to aircraft, they's just sometime about the 737 Classic that captures you.

Even with everything that's missing it is the most immersive aircraft I have ever flown, p3d or xplane.  

• Like 3

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Excellent news but not for the impatient... if they’re only starting on the update now would it be over-optimistic to expect it before 2021? Will a vulkanized XP12 be out first? 🤔

Tom did state "For a while now, IXEG development has sat relatively idle.  The reasons for this are multiple and have been stated in other forums; however, two significant factors contributing to that idleness have since wained and IXEG are looking at how to best move forward with IXEG updates again".

"The important thing is that IXEG are moving again to improve the FMS."

Fingers crossed, that with this statement, updates will be coming much sooner now; rather that 2021 🙂

• Like 3

Ben Thompson

It took about 5 years for the initial release, waiting a few years for this update will be a walk in the park :)

I was expecting some small adjustment like those popup for setting that are really annoying and tool for integration with 3rd party plugin (AVIATAB) etc.   

• Upvote 1

this is pretty exciting news! I been away from the IXEG for several months flying the Zibo738NG and the FFA320 on free time, but gave it a try a week back and was just WOW, level of immersion/sounds and detail on that bird is AWESOME, i had the same feeling i had at first, this thing feels like a real aircraft.

I do not care much about doors and so, hopefully they complete/tune the FMC and retune the flight model to xp11.xx.

The takeoff pull and the aircraft refusing to climb and the nose dropping like the real deal is just not there as used to be on XP10 days. Also landing flare and ground effect needs some tunning as well.

Been flying the IXEG again for the past days, very exciting news.

• Like 2

Manuel Merelles

I am not informed, why has IXEG development been idle for some time?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."