Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Honolulu to Victoria Intern., Vancouver Island

I have to admit, I haven’t flown heavies for ages, especially not the queen. 

B747-100-NASA-1.jpg

B747-100-NASA-3.jpg 

B747-100-NASA-4.jpg

Yes I know, that's the wrong cockpit. But hey, it’s freeware and of good quality, so I don’t complain. And so far I haven’t found a decent flightdeck for the 741

B747-100-NASA-11.jpg

B747-100-NASA-14.jpg

B747-100-NASA-18.jpg 

B747-100-NASA-24.jpg

Dinner is being served

B747-100-NASA-27.jpg 

B747-100-NASA-28.jpg

Over the western tip of the Olympic peninsula with Vancouver Island in the distance

B747-100-NASA-29.jpg

Now comes the fun part.

B747-100-NASA-30.jpg

When I said earlier that I haven’t flown heavies for some time, this includes landing this sucker

B747-100-NASA-31.jpg

B747-100-NASA-32.jpg

B747-100-NASA-33.jpg 

B747-100-NASA-55.jpg

Now what??

B747-100-NASA-58.jpg

Ooops, I don’t think I should be here

B747-100-NASA-60.jpg

Geeee, that’s tight

B747-100-NASA-66.jpg

B747-100-NASA-67.jpg

B747-100-NASA-68.jpg

Did I fly this thing? No, officer, I didn’t, I’m just a silent observer. And I need to go now, my wife said I’d better be on time for dinner

Thanks for viewing 

Edited by bernd1151
  • Like 4

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Bernd: Seems like your NZ (Mt. Cook) tourist enterprise was rather profitable...This is clearly no rusted-all-over/mud-spattered C310!

Seriously: nice shots of the Queen here...and I'm biased towards this particular United retro-livery. Also, the (dusk) approach shots for Victoria look pretty...

Long flight done (or well-observed), as the case maybe, do enjoy your dinner now...🙂...!

• Like 1

ha, ha....done this several times in RL but never landing a 747 at Victoria....not too sure one can actually do that.

• Like 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

8 hours ago, P_7878 said:

This is clearly no rusted-all-over/mud-spattered C310!

He didn't show us pictures of the Pax cabin, who knows...

Anyway: Great pictures. I can imagine that after the flight, Bernd, you actually felt like after a good vacation.

Or like needing one.

• Like 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

11 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Bernd: Seems like your NZ (Mt. Cook) tourist enterprise was rather profitable...This is clearly no rusted-all-over/mud-spattered C310!

Seriously: nice shots of the Queen here...and I'm biased towards this particular United retro-livery. Also, the (dusk) approach shots for Victoria look pretty...

Long flight done (or well-observed), as the case maybe, do enjoy your dinner now...🙂...!

😊😊😊 I needed a break from all that "decontamination" 😊

I like this retro-livery a lot, as I've flown with UA out of Taipeh via Seoul to LA a lot in their 747SP. Brings back many fond memories

7 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

ha, ha....done this several times in RL but never landing a 747 at Victoria....not too sure one can actually do that.

You are right, Bryan. I also don't think that in RL a 747 ever landed in Victoria, although the runway is long enough. That is what I like with our flightsim, you can try things you are certtainly not allowed to do in RL 😉

2 hours ago, HaraldG said:

I can imagine that after the flight, Bernd, you actually felt like after a good vacation.

Or like needing one.

Thanks Harald. I felt like after a good vacation, it was really nice flying the Queen again

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080