Sign in to follow this  
ntaggart11

Controls not working on Payware a/c

Hey i Have recently been getting a problem throught FSX SE. When i go to fly in a payware aircraft, when i go to put in how much fuel i want etc. it just doesn't change !

Help please 

Nathan 

Sorry, I don't have FSX:SE currently installed on my system, but a few more details may help someone else troubleshoot your problem.

Do all payware aircraft exhibit this behavior?  Can you list the aircraft that have the problem?

Do the default aircraft have the same issues?

Windows version?

Thanks..

Ernest Pergrem

16 minutes ago, airernie said:

Sorry, I don't have FSX:SE currently installed on my system, but a few more details may help someone else troubleshoot your problem.

Do all payware aircraft exhibit this behavior?  Can you list the aircraft that have the problem?

Do the default aircraft have the same issues?

Windows version?

Thanks..

Yeah happens in all payware aircraft.

PMDG 777

Aerosoft Airbus X 

PMDG 737 

d3fault aircraft do have the same issue. 

Window 10

Have you verified your game cache yet to make sure there are no corrupted files?

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

FWIW I thought certain payware aircraft had custom fuel and payload menus which did not use the internal FSX:SE one..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hey when i set up my aircraft for a flight i have a number of problems 

1. When i input all my weights and fuel it does not change it.

2. When i go to taxi the joystick i use does not move the controls in the sim.

The joystick im using is Thrustmaster

9 hours ago, ntaggart11 said:

Yeah happens in all payware aircraft.

PMDG 777

PMDG 737 

In the FSX setting menu make sure you don’t have the box checked for unlimited fuel.

Also the two PMDG planes you listed have to be fueled and loaded via the FMC, not the default FSX fuel loader.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Please stop saying HEY to start your sentences!  Did you verify your game cache like I suggested in your other thread?  Does your joystick move the ailerons, rudder, and elevators in a outside view when you use it?  Do you have Advanced Animations checked in your settings?  Have you properly calibrated your joystick?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

Please stop saying HEY to start your sentences!  Did you verify your game cache like I suggested in your other thread?  Does your joystick move the ailerons, rudder, and elevators in a outside view when you use it?  Do you have Advanced Animations checked in your settings?  Have you properly calibrated your joystick?

Yes I did. And no my joystick doesn't move the ailerons etc. when outside. And yes i have calibrated my joystick.

Advanced Animations, what are they ?

in the option  settings  there  should  be  a  option  to  check  advanced animations   running   everything  as  admin?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Did you calibrate your joystick in the settings menu?  Did it list the joystick as Thrustmaster?  Also this is where you check for Advanced Animations.

calibrate.JPG

advanced animations.JPG

Charlie Aron

If none of the controls are working, try starting Steam and change these settings. Make sure FSX is closed. In the top left of the Steam control panel, go to Steam->Settings->Controller->General Controller Settings. Make a note of the current settings for future reference then deselect everything and close out. Restart FSX and see if your controllers are detected. One of the recent Steam updates reset the controller settings for some people and caused these symptoms.

• Like 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit