Sign in to follow this  
diajohn

Proatc/x

I cannot seem to get Proatc to give me descent instructions or one that make any sense after starting manually.  Today I was going DEN-SFO at FL400.  A 100 miles out, no instructions so I asked. Then kept asking to go lower.  This finally got me to 7000 ft but no landing instructions on my flightplan from Simbrief.  No localizer heading no runway assignment nothing at all.  It just kept telling me to go back to 7000 ft even with the field in sight.  This is trying to get one good flight in over the past two weeks or so.

I am a long time Radar Contact user but wanted to try something new.  So far my experience has been poor.  Earlier in the day it would not even give me clearance for departure from ZSPD.  
Am I doing something wrong or is it just not a good program?

I make a flight plan through Simbrief,  Load it in my a/c FMC and Proatc.  Start it all up and its like it has no clue what to do when I get close to my destination.  It also constantly tells me my Barometer is 0.00.  Seems like a waste of money.

31 minutes ago, Arthur42417 said:

does Radar Contact work in p3dv4?

Yes.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Something isn't right with something. I know that isn't terribly helpful, but I'm not sure what the problem is. I do know that isn't the way product operates under normal circumstances. It has been around for a while and I doubt so many of us would be using it if that was a typical experience.

Have you tried creating a flightplan with ProATCx rather than importing it from another source? 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, diajohn said:

Have you asked your questions in the ProATC/X support forum? The support offered there, which is 99% by dedicated users, is pretty good generally. I think there are also some YouTube video examples which explain things quite well. And it does offer much more than Radar Contact.

I was an RC user from the very first version, many many years ago (originally it was an "adventure language" program, just like PF3's predecessor), but changed to ProATC/X a few years ago when it looked promising. And the latter has matured into a very good program if you don't mind menu driven ATC (as RC was). It does suffer still from a lack of alternative voices -- volunteer contributions of course, like those in RC -- but makes up for it in other ways. I especially like the assignment of SIDs and STARs.

I moved to Pilot2ATC last year as I decided I preferred voice-only interaction rather than menu selection. That, too, is still in lively development. But it does cost a lot more -- it uses synthesised voices and good ones aren't cheap. I built up a collection over the year. Mostly Anglo-American, but as I learn to know what I expect them to say I shall be more adventurous with other accents, especially for other parts of Europe which is where I limit my flying (I like short haul).

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

5 hours ago, diajohn said:

I cannot seem to get Proatc to give me descent instructions or one that make any sense after starting manually.  Today I was going DEN-SFO at FL400.  A 100 miles out, no instructions so I asked. Then kept asking to go lower.  This finally got me to 7000 ft but no landing instructions on my flightplan from Simbrief.  No localizer heading no runway assignment nothing at all.  It just kept telling me to go back to 7000 ft even with the field in sight.  This is trying to get one good flight in over the past two weeks or so.

I am a long time Radar Contact user but wanted to try something new.  So far my experience has been poor.  Earlier in the day it would not even give me clearance for departure from ZSPD.  

I make a flight plan through Simbrief,  Load it in my a/c FMC and Proatc.  Start it all up and its like it has no clue what to do when I get close to my destination.  It also constantly tells me my Barometer is 0.00.  Seems like a waste of money.

Go to their forum and ask. You are most likely doing something wrong.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310