Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

ThaiCreation airports in P3Dv4

That's weird... For me Mumbai has elevation issues precisely when I turn that file off, so I'm not sure why you're all good when you disable it... As for the apartment building,s I never used this scenery in FSX so clearly I don't know what I might be missing. Later today I'll try to see if I can bring them back. It's possible that if you convert them to P3Dv4 models they will show up again. You can do that by opening them in modelconverterx and then immediately exporting them as a P3Dv4 bgl.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

21 hours ago, sddjd said:

Back to VIDP, the effort in the SODE updates and light FX control placements in ADE was rather cumbersome but was worth it IMO, though I've tended to enjoy adding these items to my older X scenery and seeing it come to new life in v4.

Dan, like Benjamin I'd be very interested in any and all files you'd be willing to share for VIDP and VABB (via PM is fine if you prefer). Your efforts sound truly excellent!

James

So I bought and installed ThaiCreation's Kathmandu in P3Dv4.4 and everything looks and works great except I have these jetways to nowhere around the apron.  Any idea how to get rid of them?

0-A4-DE7-EA-1-B10-4284-A289-5-BF415-CBBB

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

You should probably check to see if you have any third party AFCAD installed for Kathmandu, as these appear to be default jetways that would typically be defined by an AFCAD file. Once you find it, deactivate it, and that should  take care of the jetways. The biggest offenders are usually third party AI packages such as MyTraffic, which include updates AFCADs for many airports. These do need to be subsequently deactivated, however.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

29 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

You should probably check to see if you have any third party AFCAD installed for Kathmandu, as these appear to be default jetways that would typically be defined by an AFCAD file. Once you find it, deactivate it, and that should  take care of the jetways. The biggest offenders are usually third party AI packages such as MyTraffic, which include updates AFCADs for many airports. These do need to be subsequently deactivated, however.

Ran SAS I couldn’t find the offending AFCaD but I opened the Scenery Manager and placed Tribhuvan at the top of the list and the jetways are gone...  time to take the Twotter to Lukla.

thanks for ur help!!

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Hi Ben,

Don’t know whether you’re still on the forum. Recently read your post from last year regarding Kathmandu working in P3d (I have P3dv4.5). Unfortunately, I can’t get it to work. I am not that conversant with file locations and placement so where do you recommend I store the scenery files for this. Maybe that’s the issue?

Many thanks.

Hi friends!

I recently start with P3Dv4.5, from FSX, and install Kathmandu airport, at day works fine, but at night the problem appears with the light beam from the platform light poles, on FSX works fine and very realistic but in P3D night time, a very strange effect appears with this, (I copy the effects files correctly on the subcarpet).

Anyone know if the effect can be fixed or removed?

Thank's!

On 3/24/2019 at 7:06 AM, Benjamin J said:

Hey all,

Just thought I'd leave this heads-up here. A while ago I got ThaiCreation's Kathmandu airport for FSX. I decided to give it a whirl in P3Dv4, just to see what it looks like. FSX airports in P3Dv4 generally have been a bit of a mixed bag for me, with airports working 100% sometimes, and other time snot at all. Some of them need to be manually converted to P3Dv4 using modelconverterx, such as Taxi2Gate's Cuban airports. That said, ThaiCreation's kathmandu worked very well, to my surprise, at least at daytime. I admit I did not try at night... More testing will be required for that.

However, as I tend to not fly much at night anyway, when I saw that ThaiCreation had another 50% sale going again at Simmarket, I plunged and got Mumbai, Macau and Bangkok Don Mueang. with 50% off, these sceneries are about 9$, and so I felt that for the price I could take the risk of it not working.

I installed all three into an outside folder at first, and then manually moved them into my special P3Dv4 Addons foler, and activated using Lorby's Addon manager. Loaded up at Macau first... And I was astonished by how good the scenery looks. This is an old FSX scenery... but it looks and runs beautifully. Mumbai was equally nice, and so was Don Mueang. Of course, they are not really up to today's FlightBeam standards, but for the price and their age, their compatibility is astonishingly good.

So, if you are hurting for any of these airports, I would say: for the on-sale price, get it and see for yourself. For me it runs great, and it looks beautiful. Again, didn't look at night-time scenery, but daytime is awesome. And I gotta say... these sceneries look better than some of the sceneries released these days for P3Dv4!

If anybody else has these sceneries in P3Dv4, let me know what you think. Curious to hear other people's perspective!

I can't believe thai creation works for P3DV4, I do have an old copy laying somewhere for KATHMANDU AIRPORT FSX, how did you get it to work ?It will only install on C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X , How do I install it for Preprar3D V4 ?

I only have the instructions that I posted here all that time ago... I haven't touched this scenery since and do not have it installed anymore... Sorry.

Benjamin van Soldt

Did you do anything special to get it running? I tried installing it but it just isn't happening. I get either no buildings at all or default buildings.

Edited by emersonbattle
Added quote