Sign in to follow this  
asgnp

Stuttering every few seconds

On 3/28/2019 at 6:49 AM, Anshu said:

HERE'S THE FIX.
Works perfectly for me to remove the micro-stutter (for native 60hz monitors). There's no need to set monitor refresh rate to 30hz.

1. P3Dv4
    1. Set Frames to "Unlimited"
    2. Vsync to OFF
    3. Triple Buffering to OFF
  2. RivaTunerStatistics Server
    1. Create profile for P3D
    2. Set Scanline Sync to "Scanline Sync x/2" by clicking twice on the text label that says "Scanline Sync".
    3. In the textbox to the right of "Scanline Sync x/2", set value to 60hz (if your monitor is native 60hz).

I tried setting 1/2 refresh rate from Nvidia Inspector, but that didn't work for me. Instead... RivaTunerStatistics Server (MSI Afterburner) works perfectly to achieve the same thing.

I've been using RTSS to lock at 30fps and unlimited for quite some time now with excellent results. Gave this a try this afternoon at my micro stutter airports, KPHX, KSAN and KSFO with NCA installed using P3D Hi-res textures checked. Works really well. Most micro stutters have gotten outta dodge.

The most significant improvement is looking left out and down at the ground of the Falcon 50 on 28L final at KSFO. Very smooth. Worth looking at for sure.

I'm using HT on w/245 am btw.

Cheers,

Mark

When you run RTSS as above how do you ensure any P3D profile settings from NVI are inactive and not conflicting? Does RTSS set the GPU to the proper settings? I’m confused about where the processing is being done.

For example, if you use VSYNCH and TB in P3D and just default NVI profile settings, I assume the processing load for VSYNCH and TB is largely a P3D CPU function. But if you uncheck VSYNCH and TB in P3D but set 30 FPS limit and TB ON in NVI then I assume the bulk of the processing load is shifted to the GPU. BTW, this works nicely for me. HT ON, AM 254 add one affinity FC.  Where is the RTSS processing done?

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

1. P3Dv4
    2. Vsync to OFF
    2. Set Scanline Sync to "Scanline Sync x/2" by clicking twice on the text label that says "Scanline Sync".
    3. In the textbox to the right of "Scanline Sync x/2", set value to 60hz (if your monitor is native 60hz)

Ok it's fluid but personally I always have the problem of autogen that disappears or that comes in pop up when I leave P3D unlimited.

So, you have to limit the FPS in P3D to not have a display delay in P3D so the fluidity disappears ...

I have tried everything as long as I do not limit the FPS in P3D I will always have delays posting the autogen...

43 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

Ok it's fluid but personally I always have the problem of autogen that disappears or that comes in pop up when I leave P3D unlimited.

So, you have to limit the FPS in P3D to not have a display delay in P3D so the fluidity disappears ...

I have tried everything as long as I do not limit the FPS in P3D I will always have delays posting the autogen...

There is nothing to stop you from also limiting in P3D, just as long as P3D can reach 30 FPS (60 hz rate divided by 2), otherwise yeah syncing to the monitor hz scan rate is of no use if P3D cannot maintain the equivelent fps.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Citation

Vous pouvez également atteindre jusqu'à 30 FPS (taux de 60 hz divisé par 2), sinon la synchronisation avec la fréquence de balayage du moniteur n'est pas terminée. si P3D ne peut pas maintenir l'équivalent. .

À votre santé

Woooh!

So I understood I have a Samsung screen and when I limited in P3D to 30FPS I had like image jumps!

And I looked in the settings of the screen there is an option "response time"

it was on accelerated I put it on standard and everything became more fluid by being stuck at 30FPS

I also disabled the weak display delay option in the screen option

I just really see a clear difference in being finally limited to 30FPS in P3D and keeping a smooth view.

By cons I see no difference when I have RTSS lit or not

Edited by Axis3600
Error

31 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

I just tried your advice so I put Vsync Off Off TB Scanline Sync on X / 2 to 60 (screen at 60Hz) And so to avoid the loss of the autogenous I limited myself to 30FPS in P3D And unfortunately c is much less fluid than when I go unlimited and RTSS in x / 2 with 60FPS in P3D

I didn't say that it would be a cure all, just that there was nothing stopping you from limiting inside of P3D.

Anyway I'd still use unlimited in P3D and the half sync rate 30 fps limit and see how your autogen goes then, as P3D is still going to have less load given it is sync'd to 30 fps via the half hz rate.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

Thinking about it, you could trial increasing the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION value and see if it helps with the loading.

0.33 is the default, so try higher values, e.g. along the lines of 0.66 or 0.99.

Also here is a quick video showing the use of RTSS and P3D.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
linked ot vid

Watching the Video the settings low draw distance in a valley OK, but do an approach to KLAX on the same settings over LA.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 4/1/2019 at 9:05 AM, rjfry said:

Watching the Video the settings low draw distance in a valley OK, but do an approach to KLAX on the same settings over LA. 

Yeah which is why I have different tuned profiles configured for different flying situations.

Just select from the dropdown and pick a profile that's going to work for the situation, even in mid flight.

Pity automation cannot be applied to vary settings dynamicaly though.

Cheers

You don't have netflix open by any chance do you? I get this exact behaviour when I have a netflix video open on my other screen. Close netflix tab and it goes away.

On 3/28/2019 at 5:49 AM, Anshu said:

HERE'S THE FIX.
Works perfectly for me to remove the micro-stutter (for native 60hz monitors). There's no need to set monitor refresh rate to 30hz.

1. P3Dv4
    2. Vsync to OFF
    3. In the textbox to the right of "Scanline Sync x/2", set value to 60hz (if your monitor is native 60hz).

I tried setting 1/2 refresh rate from Nvidia Inspector, but that didn't work for me. Instead... RivaTunerStatistics Server (MSI Afterburner) works perfectly to achieve the same thing.

How would I set it up if my Monitors refresh rate was 120Hz?

I had this issue as well. Seemed to appear after either a Windows update or NVIDIA driver update. Tried everything listed above. Only thing that worked was deleting the shaders folder and letting it rebuild on the the next bootup. So far, no more stuttering.

1 hour ago, TedK said:

I had this issue as well. Seemed to appear after either a Windows update or NVIDIA driver update. Tried everything listed above. Only thing that worked was deleting the shaders folder and letting it rebuild on the the next bootup. So far, no more stuttering.

Hi TedK, 

I can confirm in the last week I just started having micro stutters. I’ve been trying to trouble shoot it for a few days now. It’s possible it could be due to a NVIDIA driver update. Where is the Shaders folder located? I might try and delete that like you mentioned. 

I do have two monitors and I clicked the black out desktop button and this did seem to stop the micro stutters yesterday when I did a test. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan 

- Jonathan Daley

It's under C/users/(your name)/App Data/Local/Lockheed Martin/P3Dv4    Be sure to not delete the faders folder in the main P3D directory. It won't boot without that one.

Well, I need to update my last post. The stuttering is back, but this time I've actually pinned it down to ORBX OpenLC North America. All the other ORBX add-ons work very smoothly. However, add OLC to the mix and stutters galore. Especially in heavily populated areas. I'm using only one monitor, have the latest hotfix for V4.5 and usually get 40-50 fps. I did the experiment with hyper-threading, adjusting this and that and the other thing, but no luck. All I know is it wasn't doing it a month ago. Can't wait for FS2020 to be released. P3D's platform (in my opinion) is the same old engine they've been using since FS9 but with 64-bit clothes on.

Edited by TedK