Sign in to follow this  
asgnp

Stuttering every few seconds

Maybe its mentioned but i have an old 4770K normally with HT off with 4.5 but with V5 all cores is at 100% making the sim stutter badly.

I then enabled HT to try to gain some CPU power and it helped completely.Totally smooth but also with higher temps offcause

Just a another scenario

it seems that old 4 cores CPU´s needs HT (not newer generations)

Michael Moe  

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I can now add that I was able to rollback my Gforce driver to a point that would predate the start of the stutters. No luck. I'm thinking it may be a DirectX update that triggered.

I have 8 cores. I actually had better luck disabling HT and used affinity masking to have P3D run on cores 0,1,2,3,7 because those seem to be the cores P3d favors on my particular setup, leaving the 4,5, and 6 for system and misc. ops. I'm looking into the advantages of having a separate SSD for the add-ons. Don't know if that will help. There just seems to be a bottleneck when complex scenery loads. Especially approaching custom airports.

On 5/6/2020 at 11:10 AM, TedK said:

I can now add that I was able to rollback my Gforce driver to a point that would predate the start of the stutters. No luck. I'm thinking it may be a DirectX update that triggered.

I'm having similar issues right now as well.  Horrible stuttering and already tried using an older graphics driver

Mark Javornik

Seems to be related to ORBX Open LC North American Lights folder. If you deactivate the folder the stuttering seems to diminish significantly.

14 minutes ago, TedK said:

Seems to be related to ORBX Open LC North American Lights folder. If you deactivate the folder the stuttering seems to diminish significantly.

I noticed there was an orbx base update recently and an orbx central app update recently.  By deactivating the folder do your lights dissapear?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 5/7/2020 at 4:16 PM, TedK said:

I have 8 cores. I actually had better luck disabling HT and used affinity masking to have P3D run on cores 0,1,2,3,7 because those seem to be the cores P3d favors on my particular setup, leaving the 4,5, and 6 for system and misc. ops.

4 cores vs 6 cores for P3D sounds quite radical. Did you compare? I thought 6-8 cores was the sweet point. 

Thanks.

That was 5 cores vs 6 cores.

Bitdefender antivirus used to cause my FSX to stutter like this. Drove me insane until I reinstalled Windows to fix it, and then realized the stuttering occured after installing Bitdefender.