Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Ultimate 787 Update - Version 1.1.3 Released

36 minutes ago, bjablonka8120 said:

I did the update and now I cannot find any of my liveries anymore. When I try to reinstall them then I get the message that they already have been installed. I just cannot find them. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Bernd

What update method did you use?  Did you uninstall the liveries before updating?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I think "fine" means "acceptably well", not "no room for improvement."

Or to restate, imperfect doesn't necessarily mean not good enough...  😀😉😱☠️👽🎅

Regards

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

No I did not uninstall them. Also on their website it says that liveries are fine and nothing needs to be done with them except for the Virgin Atlantic which needed to be reinstalled.

Thanks

Bernd

I do not have this add on myself but I have heard comments that state that the LNAV tracking is poor during RNAV/RNP approaches (Not sure as to how VNAV copes).

I would be interested on other users feedback on the RAVRNP approach tracking accuracy as this is one area that irks me if flown poorly and is making me hesitant to purchase.

Cheers

Steve Hall

21 minutes ago, pracines said:

So you all think that this update will break or ruin what you all call fine or problem free? If it is still fine after this update, then we must ask, did QW even do anything??🤔

Also, was QW in error for trying to fix or improve the AP systems? 😬

Without trying to be mean to the people that claim they have never had an issue with it, and just taking a look at the long list of fixes, there were obviously things wrong/incomplete with the product, so I find it hard to believe these people went very in-depth into the product or have a deep understanding of how the systems are supposed to function. I'm still going to wait for confirmation that things generally work how they should. After flying the FSL bus and Maddog exclusively lately, the bar is set very high.

Ben

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

RNAV RNP is not modelled at this time per the developer. They are considering adding it.

I can't get on the forumn for some reason, is it an update patch or do I need to uninstall and reinstall? 

Thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

If you had the most recent previous version the update patch is only required. There is also a new complete installer with the latest version.

3 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I think "fine" means "acceptably well", not "no room for improvement."

Or to restate, imperfect doesn't necessarily mean not good enough...  😀😉😱☠️👽🎅

Regards

Thank you Bob.

If there is going to be an "informal" use of the word fine, then this belittles either the product or the user, possibly both. I don't think QW intends their product to be considered "second-rate" or "no big deal". And I believe the users when they say it works fine for them. I take the Adjective not the Adverb because to me the QW 787 is claimed to be a big deal, and I want it to be a big deal for our community.😇

The "(im)perfect" word/standard, need/should not be brought in because not even the real 787 is perfect. Also, this allows for excuses to thrive. 

Either the QW 787 works as stated or it doesn't. The feature list does not allow for "good enough".⚖️

The 3 claims makes for a very confused situation, because like I said they and QW both can't be correct. And there are plenty of users that say the AP does not work fine. 🤯

Difficult to be certain but its probably down to level of standards; I and many others expect a high standard when a high standard is claimed, this is not unreasonable.👨‍✈️:smile:

Thanks for the update, wouldn't have known it was available if not for these Forums.

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

I’m not saying the airplane doesn’t have faults, all I was saying is I personally haven’t noticed them. I never had a CTD, never had an issue with VNAV, and never noticed autothrottle problems. But then again, I don’t sit at the computer for the majority of a flight when it’s a long haul either.  

• Upvote 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

13 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

If you had the most recent previous version the update patch is only required. There is also a new complete installer with the latest version.

Thanks Jason, I installed in beginning of Jan, is that the previous version.?

14ppkc-6.png

I think so I believe the most recent update was from November. It was version V1.1.2(A) which should show up in the IDENT page of the FMC.

Do you know if i can stick my aircraft.cfg and replace the one that comes with the update? I just feel lazy having to uninstall and reinstall liveries and FSFX...

6 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

I think so I believe the most recent update was from November. It was version V1.1.2(A) which should show up in the IDENT page of the FMC.

Thanks for that I owe you a 🍻 

14ppkc-6.png