Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Ultimate 787 Update - Version 1.1.3 Released

my question is whether saving panel state was finally fixed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

That's a brilliant idea, I also would love to know if that will work, I have a bunch of liveries installed, and although the QW dispatcher makes installing new liveries pretty painless, it's still going to take a while to get them all re-installed...

15 hours ago, LH340fan said:

Do you know if i can stick my aircraft.cfg and replace the one that comes with the update? I just feel lazy having to uninstall and reinstall liveries and FSFX...

I highly doubt that and would not recommend it. At the most you can try copying the fltsim entries from the old to the new, but don't replace the whole thing. There's a probably any number of changes in the aircraft.cfg file that you'd be erasing by copying over the new one, probably causing a host of unexpected issues. Reinstalling liveries is a pain, but if QW's dispatcher is any good and the fltsim entries of the liveries are all correct and don't need any manual tinkering (like all those of the Aerosoft Airbus, for example), it really shouldn't be any trouble.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

my question is whether saving panel state was finally fixed.

Fixes/Improvements

• PANEL STATE: When loading a saved flight, the panelstate specified in the qw787.cfg gets loaded instead of the panelstate matching the flight
  • PANEL STATE: When loading a saved flight in high altitude the engines shutdown

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

44 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Fixes/Improvements

• PANEL STATE: When loading a saved flight, the panelstate specified in the qw787.cfg gets loaded instead of the panelstate matching the flight
  • PANEL STATE: When loading a saved flight in high altitude the engines shutdown

Michael Moe

That's what QW stated 🙂 Not what users experience.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I highly doubt that and would not recommend it. At the most you can try copying the fltsim entries from the old to the new, but don't replace the whole thing. There's a probably any number of changes in the aircraft.cfg file that you'd be erasing by copying over the new one, probably causing a host of unexpected issues. Reinstalling liveries is a pain, but if QW's dispatcher is any good and the fltsim entries of the liveries are all correct and don't need any manual tinkering (like all those of the Aerosoft Airbus, for example), it really shouldn't be any trouble.

Yes, you're probably right Ben, I didn't think of that. 

The QW dispatcher works quite well, but i'll have to re-download all the liveries because I didn't save them, and then re-install them one by one, and it's just a tedious and time consuming process is all.

I may try copying the fltsim entries from the old cfg to the new as you suggested, that should not cause any problems...

Looking forward to some full flight reviews with the new update.  I have no time to fly it until next weekend.

In our next update we plan on having a feature that scans for your livery entries and gives you the option to save them if you are chosing the update method rather than clean install. But it's been this way since day 1.

We apologize not being able to get it done in time for this update.

In the interim I personally recommend backing up your aircraft cfg for the -8 and -9 before the update, then carefully simply ONLY add the livery entries of your old cfg into the new cfg.

As Ben noted there have been quite a few changes so copying over the entire thing will erase part of the new FDE.

Technically we wouldn't openly suggest what I'm saying but I'll put my customer hat here on and it's what I would do to save the liveries, especially if not all the liveries come from us. Doing so will work perfectly fine as long as none of the aircraft related entries are overwritten and just the FLTSIM entries are updated.

If you don't want to edit the cfg or aren't comfortable (perfectly understandable) you have to reinstall via dispatcher but it can be batched all at once and can be done in moments as long as you have the original qwl files. I personally don't keep mine so I carefully do the manual copy and paste into the new cfg.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

16 hours ago, JasonPC said:

I think so I believe the most recent update was from November. It was version V1.1.2(A) which should show up in the IDENT page of the FMC.

I'm slightly confused by the wording of the upgrade policy regarding the (A). The first paragraph doesn't discriminate, the second does. ???:

These update installers are only for customers who wish to update from version 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. If you are upgrading from any version prior to V1.1.2, you will need to uninstall that version and a FULL install will be required.

Ultimate 787 V1.1.2(A) to V1.1.3 Update Installer - P3Dv4

According to the IDENT page, I have "PS 10092018 - (QW 1.1.2)" currently installed. Does this mean I must do a full install or will the upgrade work for me?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I completed a full flight CYUL to MMUN.

Wrx radar on/no CDT

PBR look awesome 

Reposition system.. still need improvment.

FPS are about the same as the previous version.

Loaded winds via AS with no issue.

I really love this aircraft and  he only get better.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, American 833 Heavy said:

In the interim I personally recommend backing up your aircraft cfg for the -8 and -9 before the update, then carefully simply ONLY add the livery entries of your old cfg into the new cfg.

Thanks for the clarification. One question remains: will the PBR work on the "old" liveries? Means I do not have to reinstall them for the use of PBR?

Then: on your homepage, the only recommend installation of the update is a full reinstall. Your post suggest that it does not matter if one reinstalls everything or one uses the update workflow. What is now correct?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

44 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Thanks for the clarification. One question remains: will the PBR work on the "old" liveries? Means I do not have to reinstall them for the use of PBR?

Then: on your homepage, the only recommend installation of the update is a full reinstall. Your post suggest that it does not matter if one reinstalls everything or one uses the update workflow. What is now correct?

Yep they work with the exception of one particular livery ( Virgin Atlantic )....

Edited by awf
  • Upvote 2

André

As to VNAV: in the previous version there was an issue with above-path descents. Putting up the spoilers should have resulted in an increased rate of descent to maintain the selected VNAV descent speed, while engines stayed at idle. Instead, what happened was that the engines spooled up with the spoilers up, reducing the rate of descent and defeating the whole exercise (and making it much harder to get back on path, forcing the use of VS or FLCH, although FLCH also had some issues).

Is this fixed?

James

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odourboy said:

I'm slightly confused by the wording of the upgrade policy regarding the (A). The first paragraph doesn't discriminate, the second does. ???:

These update installers are only for customers who wish to update from version 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. If you are upgrading from any version prior to V1.1.2, you will need to uninstall that version and a FULL install will be required.

Ultimate 787 V1.1.2(A) to V1.1.3 Update Installer - P3Dv4

According to the IDENT page, I have "PS 10092018 - (QW 1.1.2)" currently installed. Does this mean I must do a full install or will the upgrade work for me?

I think it should work if I remember correctly the 1.1.2a corrected an issue with bug reporting in 1.1.2 that caused crashes. I would just uninstall and reinstall to be safe though. There may still be a link to the 1.1.2a installer on the qualitywings Facebook but it’s no longer on the site.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

I think it should work if I remember correctly the 1.1.2a corrected an issue with bug reporting in 1.1.2 that caused crashes. I would just uninstall and reinstall to be safe though. There may still be a link to the 1.1.2a installer on the qualitywings Facebook but it’s no longer on the site.

Agreed - I couldn't find any record of 1.1.2(A) either as a download or in a tweet/news release, so I figured it was short-lived. I didn't install 1.1.2 until well after it was released, so on the assumption that what I installed was actually 1.1.2(A), I went ahead and did the 'upgrade' route. So far, it looks like it worked fine, though all I've done so far is a sanity flight.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)