although FLCH also had some issues).

What kind of issues? 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

13 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

What kind of issues? 

If you never noticed them, then they're probably inconsequential! 😈

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

15 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

What kind of issues? 

I think from autothrottle logic issues related to the VNAV issues — since FLCH unlike VS is trying to maintain a speed rather than just a descent rate, the throttle was moving up and down dynamically as in VNAV to try to match the speed. Unfortunately, as in VNAV, the behavior didn’t always make sense. (Eg slowing descent rate to stay below commanded speed even when throttle is above idle — it should idle throttle first.)

Incidentally, I’m not trying to heap criticism on QW here, just trying to figure out if these issues (not showstopping but not inconsequential either in my view) were ironed out by the patch.

James

5 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

In our next update we plan on having a feature that scans for your livery entries and gives you the option to save them if you are chosing the update method rather than clean install. But it's been this way since day 1.

We apologize not being able to get it done in time for this update.

In the interim I personally recommend backing up your aircraft cfg for the -8 and -9 before the update, then carefully simply ONLY add the livery entries of your old cfg into the new cfg.

As Ben noted there have been quite a few changes so copying over the entire thing will erase part of the new FDE.

Technically we wouldn't openly suggest what I'm saying but I'll put my customer hat here on and it's what I would do to save the liveries, especially if not all the liveries come from us. Doing so will work perfectly fine as long as none of the aircraft related entries are overwritten and just the FLTSIM entries are updated.

If you don't want to edit the cfg or aren't comfortable (perfectly understandable) you have to reinstall via dispatcher but it can be batched all at once and can be done in moments as long as you have the original qwl files. I personally don't keep mine so I carefully do the manual copy and paste into the new cfg.

Wish I’d thought of this before I upgraded!! 😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

If you never noticed them, then they're probably inconsequential! 😈

No, I haven't noticed them. I'm just trying to get a picture what to expect regarding AP behaviour, before purchase

Edited by mikealpha

52 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I think from autothrottle logic issues related to the VNAV issues — since FLCH unlike VS is trying to maintain a speed rather than just a descent rate, the throttle was moving up and down dynamically as in VNAV to try to match the speed. Unfortunately, as in VNAV, the behavior didn’t always make sense. (Eg slowing descent rate to stay below commanded speed even when throttle is above idle — it should idle throttle first.) 

Ok, thanks a lot. That's very valid info.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Wish I’d thought of this before I upgraded!! 😁

Don't despair..

I decided not to mess with copying over the old AC cfg entries and textures to the upgrade, I simply re-downloaded the liveries I wanted, and then re-installed them with the dispatcher.

Downloading the liveries took only a few minutes, and the batch install feature of the QW 787 Dispatcher works great, it took less than a minute to install about 15  different liveries...😎

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know how to get auto step climbs to work? 

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, tooting said:

Does anyone know how to get auto step climbs to work? 

Are you referring to auto step climbs? If so there is a setting you need to activate in the qw787.cfg to reset the MCP altitude window when you get to the step climb position.  It's on page 411  of the users manual "SetMCPAltOnAutoStepClimb=1"

Edited by jalbino59

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

1 hour ago, jalbino59 said:

Are you referring to auto step climbs? If so there is a setting you need to activate in the qw787.cfg to reset the MCP altitude window when you get to the step climb position.  It's on page 411  of the users manual "SetMCPAltOnAutoStepClimb=1"

I do wish they will come up with at PMDG/FSL stylish approach to having all the goodies options turned on/off via the MCDU/FMC.

Keeps it organised and also with a top view of features

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

I do wish they will come up with at PMDG/FSL stylish approach to having all the goodies options turned on/off via the MCDU/FMC

Me too.  There is nothing wrong with using the same simulation option methodologies used by PMDG.   The 787 is a great piece of software engineering and stands on its own merits. .  It isn't necessary to distinguish your brand by making the way you manage the simulation options, distinctly different. 

• Like 1

There might be legal reasons for it, though. If PMDG owns the rights to that method of doing things, then they might be able to go after QW if they used the same system. Using the FMS to control simulation settings isn't part of simulating the actual aircraft and so it's a unique approach that PMDG came up with. Other companies can't necessarily just "steal" that idea without compensation or consequence.

Remember several years back when iPhone and Samsung were in a big fight because Samsung's home button had curved corners when the iPhone home button was a circle, and also because Samsung phones used a similar interface like tap-to-zoom, and Apple said that was infringement?

That ended up in a $500,000,000+ verdict in Apple's favor, which was being appealed when the two companies settled for undisclosed terms.

Copying other people's ideas can be very expensive.

8 minutes ago, eslader said:

There might be legal reasons for it, though. If PMDG owns the rights to that method of doing things, then they might be able to go after QW if they used the same system. Using the FMS to control simulation settings isn't part of simulating the actual aircraft and so it's a unique approach that PMDG came up with. Other companies can't necessarily just "steal" that idea without compensation or consequence.

Remember several years back when iPhone and Samsung were in a big fight because Samsung's home button had curved corners when the iPhone home button was a circle, and also because Samsung phones used a similar interface like tap-to-zoom, and Apple said that was infringement?

That ended up in a $500,000,000+ verdict in Apple's favor, which was being appealed when the two companies settled for undisclosed terms.

Copying other people's ideas can be very expensive.

Someone didn't read the memo at FSLabs or Aerosoft then. They both also use the FMC / MCDU to control settings, which would suggest that either PMDG didn't copyright that process or FSL and Aerosoft paid royalties (unlikely).

Anyway, the obvious way around any potential issues would be to add the sim option controls to the EFB instead. Job done.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

10 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

I do wish they will come up with at PMDG/FSL stylish approach to having all the goodies options turned on/off via the MCDU/FMC.

Keeps it organised and also with a top view of features

Michael Moe

Actually you can mod some settings via the qwconfig on the eicas/mfd like for sounds and stuff

1 hour ago, eslader said:

There's a specific legal term for this - it's called a patent. I'd be shocked if any payware developer had the money to waste on them.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.