Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Ultimate 787 Update - Version 1.1.3 Released

Except that software often comes under copyright law, and unlike patents where you actually have to file for them and then spend lots of money getting the application through the system to actually get one, you often own copyright to your work simply by producing it.

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Someone didn't read the memo at FSLabs or Aerosoft then. They both also use the FMC / MCDU to control settings,

Because intellectual property infringement *never* happens either intentionally or innocently, right? 😉

I'm not saying that's definitely why they didn't do it. I'm saying it's a possible reason for it.

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Anyway, the obvious way around any potential issues would be to add the sim option controls to the EFB instead. Job done.

Agreed. Maybe they'll do that in an update.

Is anyone going to actually report their findings of what was in the chsngelog and if those things are actually corrected or are we going to debate opinions about the software and then armchair lawyer this to bits?

Just curious... Because this thread has more opinions about the past versions of the software than what it is NOW. How does it behave NOW? Not last version but NOW. 

I don't have this airplane but I have been keeping tabs on it. I'm hoping for someone to report back on the issues. Then again, this is avsim and threads get derailed on an hourly basis.

• Upvote 3

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I have only done a preliminary inspection after updating, but one area where I have noticed an improvement is adjusting the trim for take off. It was extremely slow to change with version 1.1.2a, but version 1.1.3 seems to have corrected this.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

37 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Is anyone going to actually report their findings of what was in the chsngelog and if those things are actually corrected or are we going to debate opinions about the software and then armchair lawyer this to bits?

Just curious... Because this thread has more opinions about the past versions of the software than what it is NOW. How does it behave NOW? Not last version but NOW. 

I don't have this airplane but I have been keeping tabs on it. I'm hoping for someone to report back on the issues. Then again, this is avsim and threads get derailed on an hourly basis.

Rather than get all arsey about people discussing things that affect the QW 787 in ways that might not interest you, why don't you take the punt and buy it NOW to see for yourself NOW?!

There's always the Flight1 30-day refund policy if it doesn't meet your expectations / requirements...

• Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

Rather than get all arsey about people discussing things that affect the QW 787 in ways that might not interest you, why don't you take the punt and buy it NOW to see for yourself NOW?!

There's always the Flight1 30-day refund policy if it doesn't meet your expectations / requirements...

I'm not that careless with my money.

Nice try though...

Matt kubanda

15 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I'm not that careless with my money.

Nice try though...

Full "no questions asked" refund policy is hardly careless. 

Nice try though...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

Full "no questions asked" refund policy is hardly careless. 

Nice try though...

The fact that I would spend my money on a questionable product to begin with is careless.

Not only that, I don't see any problems with injecting something into this thread in hopes of actually talking about the update and not about past problems.

It's simple....are the issue fixed or are they not....

Good grief...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Matt kubanda

Of course, its your money, spend it as you see fit.

To suggest though that purchasing this add-on is a careless expenditure is a bit offensive to many of us who already own it.

Many owners here have already stated that the past problems were mostly minor. Certainly nothing to seriously detract from the enjoyment of using it. It's really quite a fine addition to my fleet!

It's a pity that one or two individuals have some sort of axe to grind and see fit to trash talk it at every opportunity. More's the pity that you seem to be listening to them rather than the large group of happy customers. I think that's why it was suggested you just take the plunge since you really do have nothing to lose if we're all wrong.

Rant over... carry on!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Considering it's primarily a long haul aircraft I think it will be a while before anyone can say all of the issues were resolved.

I have flown one flight so far and it seems the list of fixes are indeed accurate. But that's not to say I won't have an isolated issue on one flight, so I will reserve my final judgment.

36 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Of course, its your money, spend it as you see fit.

To suggest though that purchasing this add-on is a careless expenditure is a bit offensive to many of us who already own it.

Many owners here have already stated that the past problems were mostly minor. Certainly nothing to seriously detract from the enjoyment of using it. It's really quite a fine addition to my fleet!

It's a pity that one or two individuals have some sort of axe to grind and see fit to trash talk it at every opportunity. More's the pity that you seem to be listening to them rather than the large group of happy customers. I think that's why it was suggested you just take the plunge since you really do have nothing to lose if we're all wrong.

Rant over... carry on!

Offensive? Seriously? Because you bought and others bought it? Give me a break!!! I'm not listening to that word not allowed. That's my point!!! I want people like you who have the product to come forth and put it in a good light! 

That's all I'm looking for! Why is it so hard to put your axe down and give an unbiased review of the what was fixed? You have the product. I don't. I want it but I don't want to spend the money without knowing what I'm getting into. 

Besides, I take what other people in this community have to say about products very seriously. Therefore, I'm looking for answering from people like YOU. You should take it as a compliment rather than an attack.

• Upvote 1

Matt kubanda

To be completely frank, I have zero interest in going through the fix list and verifying it. That's what QW engages testers for. As a paying customer, my job is to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Offensive? Seriously? Because you bought and others bought it? Give me a break!!! I'm not listening to that word not allowed. That's my point!!! I want people like you who have the product to come forth and put it in a good light! 

That's all I'm looking for! Why is it so hard to put your axe down and give an unbiased review of the what was fixed? You have the product. I don't. I want it but I don't want to spend the money without knowing what I'm getting into. 

Besides, I take what other people in this community have to say about products very seriously. Therefore, I'm looking for answering from people like YOU. You should take it as a compliment rather than an attack.

Why not try it if you don't like it get your money back problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Did you see the size of the changelog? Don't you think its a "big ask" to expect a helpful someone to go through the whole thing and report back to you so that you can feel good about your decision to purchase or not?  Wouldn't it be more considerate to look through the thing (changelog) yourself and if there are any issues you would be concerned about, ask about those in particular rather than a "review" that could leave what your concerned about unanswered?  C'mon man, help people to help you be cool about it and you'll get your answers. Grown men don't need their hands held to cross the street, and regarding peoples comments, just take what you can use and leave the rest be. Eat the meat and leave the bones for the dog.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Matt, given all the beating around the bush by these obtuse responses I would also have some doubts that all the fixes are indeed that.  Given the word games, I would just leave the these guys to play with whatever they pay with.  They do seem to enjoy it.

You can as one suggested pay your money and take your chance - as they said there is a 30 day money back clause but I too feel there is some squirming going on by the early adopters based by the vague, non specific and almost defensive nature of their responses.

Edited by barramundilure
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

If anyone could so graciously fly an RNAV SID and STAR out of/into KDEN and report if the aircraft complies with altitude and speed restrictions...VNAV bugs were the main reason I haven't purchased the aircraft yet. Yes I know...I'm a child of the magenta line blah blah blah...if I wanted a DC-10 with no FMS I'd go buy one but this is a 787 and sometimes I want to go take a word not allowed while the airplane does its thing.

Ben 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV