Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Ultimate 787 Update - Version 1.1.3 Released

It still handles VNAV poorly. It doesn’t optimise descents with “between” constraints. The right DME is still showing the DME for the left VOR. The Pos fuel still needs to be multiplied by 2.2 to get the right value. The HUD still doesn’t filter smooth the data in windy conditions. The FPS after a long flight still tank.  I still get an engine spool up on landing despite using the soft AT disconnect on final. The new Mark Foti app doesn’t work if youre using a 2d view. The HUD still flashes on and off on final, and off on touchdown for a couple of second or so.

Howver, the trim does go a bit faster, and the Mark Foti app is pretty cool. 

• Like 2

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

3 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Offensive? Seriously? Because you bought and others bought it? Give me a break!!! I'm not listening to that word not allowed. That's my point!!! I want people like you who have the product to come forth and put it in a good light! 

That's all I'm looking for! Why is it so hard to put your axe down and give an unbiased review of the what was fixed? You have the product. I don't. I want it but I don't want to spend the money without knowing what I'm getting into. 

Besides, I take what other people in this community have to say about products very seriously. Therefore, I'm looking for answering from people like YOU. You should take it as a compliment rather than an attack.

Matt. Complexity needs a simple solution. You could buy it, test it yourself, decide, keep it or get your money back. The time you spent on writing here could be used to test it yourself. 

Different people, different requirements. Create your own opinion based on your own tests. 

Regards, Marcus

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hello, i want to ask something about this addon regarding the new update what ive heard this addon has some(maybe serious) little problem/bugs. I planning to buy it but my question is "Should i buy now? or wait until it is fixed completely?" I dont have experience using or trying this addon so i cant compare before the update and after the update. Thank you.

Dray

Dray Langley

10 hours ago, odourboy said:

To suggest though that purchasing this add-on is a careless expenditure is a bit offensive to many of us who already own it.

Honestly, I don't take it that way, and I own it. It's absolutely a careless expenditure, just like everything from PMDG, and Leonardo, and Activesky, etc are careless expenditures. They're careless in the same way as dinner out at a nice restaurant or a vacation to the Caymans is a careless expenditure. It's a pretend airplane that we pretend to fly for fun. Recreational spending of any sort is by definition careless because we could be stuffing that money into a retirement fund and we're not.

What needs to stop is this nattering from a small subset of members who do not own the plane and loudly and vocally post everywhere they can that they refuse to own the plane until it's practically a Level-D simulation. Fine. Don't buy it. Honestly, no one cares.

If you really have questions, that's great, ask them. Those of us who own the thing will answer to the best of our ability. But the constant repetition across multiple threads of "they said it was going to be perfect (they didn't) and it's not and therefore they're horrible liars and I am making it my personal crusade to bury them by tilting at this windmill until the end of time" is tiresome.

1 hour ago, dray007 said:

I planning to buy it but my question is "Should i buy now? or wait until it is fixed completely?"

We can't really answer that - that's a decision you have to make. I bought it before the update and I'm happy with it. Do I wish it were better? Yeah, and I wish my Acura was a Ferrari. 😉 But I think for the price I paid it was a good buy. It's a very good looking plane and it's very enjoyable to fly. It's not PMDG level and never will be, but it's also not Carenado. You really do have to learn something about systems to fly it, and that's enjoyable to me.

It won't ever be perfect, but it's probably the only good 787 you can buy now, and will ever be able to buy in the future for this platform because PMDG is the only significant high-fidelity Boeing maker out there, and they're showing no signs that they plan to do a 787.

None of the problems, either before or after this patch, limit my enjoyment of the plane. But we can't tell you if that would be true to you. If you fly PMDG, and anything less than their level of simulation would make you mad, then this plane is not for you. But if you like flying tubeliners and don't mind that non-normal procedures aren't simulated, and don't mind that there might be a couple of minor issues, then it's a well-done plane.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

My only wish would be that they fix the etp and altn as well as some comm features that i find cool indeed.

38 minutes ago, eslader said:

We can't really answer that - that's a decision you have to make. I bought it before the update and I'm happy with it. Do I wish it were better? Yeah, and I wish my Acura was a Ferrari. 😉 But I think for the price I paid it was a good buy. It's a very good looking plane and it's very enjoyable to fly. It's not PMDG level and never will be, but it's also not Carenado. You really do have to learn something about systems to fly it, and that's enjoyable to me.

It won't ever be perfect, but it's probably the only good 787 you can buy now, and will ever be able to buy in the future for this platform because PMDG is the only significant high-fidelity Boeing maker out there, and they're showing no signs that they plan to do a 787.

None of the problems, either before or after this patch, limit my enjoyment of the plane. But we can't tell you if that would be true to you. If you fly PMDG, and anything less than their level of simulation would make you mad, then this plane is not for you. But if you like flying tubeliners and don't mind that non-normal procedures aren't simulated, and don't mind that there might be a couple of minor issues, then it's a well-done plane.

Thank you very much for your explaination, so what are you saying in last paragraph that QW 787 doesnt simulate "failures" like PMDG does? or it doesnt simulate at all?

Dray Langley

Yeah. It simulates normal operations only, and there's a post somewhere on their forum where they say it's not likely that will change.

That said, I've been flying PMDG for a long time, and I've never had a failure. The closest I came was when I got a fuel freeze prediction warning, and that wasn't a failure - it was just really cold that day. Realistic failure simulation means you'll probably never have a significant failure unless you fail to keep up on maintenance. So, the fact that it might happen is nice, but unless you induce it you probably won't see it anyway.

I am not interested in simulating failures. I prefer all of my simulated flights to be relaxed and reliable. I get enough stress at work.

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

If anyone could so graciously fly an RNAV SID and STAR out of/into KDEN and report if the aircraft complies with altitude and speed restrictions...VNAV bugs were the main reason I haven't purchased the aircraft yet. Yes I know...I'm a child of the magenta line blah blah blah...if I wanted a DC-10 with no FMS I'd go buy one but this is a 787 and sometimes I want to go take a word not allowed while the airplane does its thing.

Ben 

Not into or out of KDEN but I hope this helps. I did this flight yesterday http://peaware.pilotedge.net/flight.cfm?id=326655 completely on automatics from 600ft.AGL on the depature (KPHX) right to the MDA for RNAV Rwy8 approach at the destination (PHNL) with absolutely zero problems. I even flew it on the PilotEdge network for ATC service to the end of their coverage area.  You can be sure they point out any deviations on the spot.  

Edited by jalbino59
  • Like 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

I like it. 

Does it CTD.  No

Does it fly in a straight line.  Yes

Can I enter my own Zfw and fuel easily.  Yes

Can it get me from A to B with no stress,  yes 

Does the VNAV work. Yes so long as theres not loads of tight constraints (which the pmdg and fsl can struggle with) 

Do I use it for failures,  no like Chris Low, I also have enough stress in work to have to worry about simulating one engine go arounds on vatsim at egkk on a Sunday afternoon. 

For me I like it.  Its it as a high standard as the pmdg or fsl.  No 

It's it better than the steaming pile of dog 💩 that is the crj or bbs 330,  No its alot better. 

Like a million people have said pay yhr money if you don't like it get your money back.   No brainer and that's from the hardest to please moaning git on here,me. 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

I cannot speak to everything that has been said here because I don't care about everything being absolutely identical to the real world in the sense of perfectly following altitude restrictions, etc. But I wanted to speak to those of you who do "simple" airline flights.

How I fly airliners is 1) do a rough fuel estimate 2) load the sim either at the gate or the runway in an aircraft state ready for taxi/takeoff 3) program the fmc with fuel/payload info, the route, sids/stars (where applicable) and approaches, vnav and performance data, 4) set the autopilot and lights, etc, 5) takeoff and fly. 

I do not follow all the procedures. I do not check if the plane follows all the altitude restrictions, etc. 

I just fly a "simple" flight plugging in basic weights, performance, route information, etc. usually doing an unrestricted climb to cruise and unrestricted descent to approach.

If that is how you fly airliners, I highly recommend this aircraft!

It follows the route. If flies the departures. It adheres to speed restrictions on climb, descent and approach. It flies approaches well. It is gorgeous inside and out (especially with pbr now).

I hope this helps those of you who fly "simple" airline flights like me.

• Upvote 3

i5 12600K, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, MSI Z690 Pro-A WIFI Motherboard

Well, I have just completed my first "circuit" test flight of the Quality Wings 787 (at UK2000 Belfast International), and I am rather impressed. It handled the flight just as well as any of my PMDG aircraft (including allowing me to have VNAV and SPD mode active at the same time). Of course, this was only a short flight with a rather simple flightplan, but it has demonstrated to me that this plane will work more than well enough for the short haul, low level VFR flights that I prefer. The only problem I encountered was that the thrust reversers were not engaged when I pressed the No.2 button on my joystick after touchdown (which is how I have my controls configured). This was somewhat baffling, as pressing this button worked perfectly when I tested it again on the taxiway. I may simply have needed to give it a more firm press (which is something that I have also noticed when using the CDU keyboard), or perhaps I tried to engage it slightly too early. Whatever the case, I am sure that it will be resolved after further tests.

The 3D model, VC and sounds are all excellent. The plane seems to handle just fine when on the ground, and is nice and smooth through turns when following the magenta line.

In short, I felt that I was in control of this aircraft throughout the flight. It did what I expected it to do, and it did it with some style :cool:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have noticed that FMC MESSAGE is displayed on the EICAS screen after loading the plane with all systems initialised. Can someone tell me what this message relates to?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have noticed that FMC MESSAGE is displayed on the EICAS screen after loading the plane with all systems initialised. Can someone tell me what this message relates to?

It means you have a message on the FMC.  🤣  Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

You can read/clear the messages from a window at the bottom of the CDU displays.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

You were totally correct, Bob! There were two successive messages at the bottom of the CDU, and clearing both of them removed the "FMC MESSAGE" statement on the EICAS screen. I am not really sure why that did not click with me. I am going to use the "hard day at work" excuse :biggrin:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png