Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Ultimate 787 Update - Version 1.1.3 Released

After watching Matt Davies' video seems there's only 1 real vnav/flch issue on descent where the engines randomly spool up to full power. Take a look at 51:50.

8 hours ago, itsjase said:

After watching Matt Davies' video seems there's only 1 real vnav/flch issue on descent where the engines randomly spool up to full power. Take a look at 51:50.

Hello. What distance did He need to descent from FL410 and did the engine was on idlle when descending ?

Edited by musiol1

That is so odd, in my humble opinion... judging by the fact the command sector on the EICAS well exceeded the max N1 ref position it's entirely possible that there may have been a stuck joystick axis input or interference of some kind with the USB axis' which can get easily bungled in Windows when you have lots of peripherals connected. When the A/T is in control on ours and on the real thing it will not, and should not command a throttle position beyond that of the N1 ref. Based on passed experience, it leads me to believe it was likely noise from the joystick axis due to a configuration conflict. Because when he switched to FLCH the FMA commanded HOLD during which should have idled the engines and pitched for the MCP window speed.  We never ever encountered that type of FLCH anomaly in our very thorough testing of this update. In my judgment it looks like a controller conflict, which admittingly the gauge and FSUIPC should have ignored the axis when the A/T is on, but since the A/T was in a passive mode like FLCH idle it may have left it more vulnerable to a conflicting full throttle joystick axis position and it's likely what caused the issue.

We'll certainty take a look things going in that area to tidy up any possible controller induced interference of the A/Ts function. Thanks for posting that.

But it remains to be said he was far too fast for the stage of the approach he was on, I noted 260kts. Not only 10kts over the limit for an arrival but 20kts over the SOP default VNAV speed in the descent under 10K. At such a late stage in the approach it was well beyond the point of bleeding off speed with pitch given how close the airplane was to intersecting the extended centerline and IAF. The airplane does need speedbrake intervention under 10K when clean in certain weight configs and can be quite a slippery airplane. If you transition properly at 10K VNAV A/T will have you at 238-246ish at idle or just above it with the target speed being 240 until the constraints of the STAR further specify speed step downs or the approach fix speeds themselves and eventually the manual IAS is controlled when in a vertical approach mode like G/S or G/P. Approach planning, judgement and speed management is key. And since we don't yet model the very complex dotted speed/flap step down point marker algorithm, which dynamically displays and adjusts along the magenta track roughly between a few NM prior to the IAF and the FAF at the present time, pre configuring 10kts IAS step downs in the CDU between the IAF and the last fix of the STAR for VNAV is recommended or to do so manually via VNAV SPD intervene mode as appropriate on approach.

Besides the real thing needs intervention from the crew all the time to keep the automation honest and be one or two steps ahead of it. It's never 100% bang on perfect in the real world either. And while our A/P is still being enhanced, the A/P and airplane is only as good as the knowledge of the person operating it on which modes to be in when and how to use them correctly.

Edited by American 833 Heavy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Thanks for your detailed response!

I've also made a post in the support forum about it. I noticed the issue was usually after the first speed restraint on a STAR. It would be descending on vnav at 240 approaching a 190 restriction, the magenta line would move down to 190 and it would ask for more drag, so I'd extend the speedbrakes, but then the throttles would increase to like 50-60 N1, even though it's above profile and the drag required FMC message is still there.

I'm assuming there's no reason throttles should be above idle if the plane is above the profile on speed/height, especially if the drag message is showing. I can provide more details on the exact approach if that would help?

For now I've started using speed intervention and lowering it manually to 190 on the MCP, but it seems to have the same problem. I think it might be related to turns? If I'm at 240 slowing to 200 the throttles will be idle, but if i start a turn while still at 230, throttles will increase and it won't slow down to 200. They only reduce again after the turn has finished. Not sure if this is intended.

Edited by itsjase
  • Like 1

It's as slippery as butter! Even taxiing requres using brakes often to not shoot dat 30 GS limit. Just finished ANA218 a few minutes ago, vid coming soon. No problems, just forgot to activate the "5" callout, but will be set for next time. Everything went fine as expected, just like the bad fps that come out of my potato... I needed to use V/S mode in the end, but that was a minor issue. Also under bad fps if you try to autoland it still swings from side to side quite dangerously. Other than that aesthetics look beefier now.

nvm

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I got low fps and its like fluctuating from 30 to 20 . is it normal? im only use chaseplane. btw my cpu is i7-4750hq 3.0ghz with GTX980m 4gb.

Dray Langley

Hi

I am having a hard time performing full autoland using 787-9 after the update. In less than 6nm with calm head winds using Asp4 weather my plane starts to oscillate by banking left and right. It gets really bad at 500 ft above ground then I have to disable autopilot. 

Is anyone else experiencing this. I have experienced this flying into Heathrow then again into singapore. 

My fps count remains between 20 to 25 and I am using AIG with traffic set to 50%.

I also used activesky to insert wind data

Edited by biloo

Bilal Asif Khan

11 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

But it remains to be said he was far too fast for the stage of the approach he was on, I noted 260kts. Not only 10kts over the limit for an arrival but 20kts over the SOP default VNAV speed in the descent under 10K. At such a late stage in the approach it was well beyond the point of bleeding off speed with pitch given how close the airplane was to intersecting the extended centerline and IAF. The airplane does need speedbrake intervention under 10K when clean in certain weight configs and can be quite a slippery airplane. If you transition properly at 10K VNAV A/T will have you at 238-246ish at idle or just above it with the target speed being 240 until the constraints of the STAR further specify speed step downs or the approach fix speeds themselves and eventually the manual IAS is controlled when in a vertical approach mode like G/S or G/P. Approach planning, judgement and speed management is key

I have to agree with you here.  I not exactly sure why he would choose FLC to slow down and engage the mode just 200ft above the selected altitude. I think speedbrakes would have been a better option.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

On 3/27/2019 at 6:33 PM, Christopher Low said:

... I am rather impressed. It handled the flight just as well as any of my PMDG aircraft (including allowing me to have VNAV and SPD mode active at the same time).

The 3D model, VC and sounds are all excellent. The plane seems to handle just fine when on the ground, and is nice and smooth through turns when following the magenta line.

In short, I felt that I was in control of this aircraft throughout the flight. It did what I expected it to do, and it did it with some style :cool:

I very much agree.
This aircraft is a joy to fly now, after the update.
Nice job QW!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I also agree.

In the last few months I have purchased two aircraft which for me represent the best values (best bang for my buck) in the last 2 years. One is the Diamond DA62 the other the QW787.

The QW787 features including 'jump ahead', EFB, facsimile charts for major airports and sufficient fidelity to make it feel realistic enough represents a major undertaking and accomplishment. I have completed 3 long flights that were flawless from departure to auto land.  During two the  arrival changed, which required me to clean up the route and manually re-enter the arrival and approach, which I believe is what pilots do:). 

My P3dv is extremely stable and I attribute that to a few decisions I made when I built this one. I decided NOT to over clock, no second party shaders (read RR opine on that subject) and not screw with the P3d config settings. All my settings are accomplished via the P3d settngs except one (wideview). 

Bob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

How do I import the AS16 winds?

I request the Winds and get a message to load them in the RTE DATA page?! Where is this?!

7 hours ago, swiesma said:

How do I import the AS16 winds?

I request the Winds and get a message to load them in the RTE DATA page?! Where is this?!

On the Legs page, bottom right.

You do have to have some perf data input such as flight level for the winds to show up in the legs page.

Did anyone else have installation issues with this version? Mine is getting stuck at about 14% and moving or doing anything after that. I have disabled anti-virus. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit..after 45 minutes the installer finally finished..all is working now.

Edited by Bigt