Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Ultimate 787 Update - Version 1.1.3 Released

Recommended Posts

my question is whether saving panel state was finally fixed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

That's a brilliant idea, I also would love to know if that will work, I have a bunch of liveries installed, and although the QW dispatcher makes installing new liveries pretty painless, it's still going to take a while to get them all re-installed...

 

15 hours ago, LH340fan said:

Do you know if i can stick my aircraft.cfg and replace the one that comes with the update? I just feel lazy having to uninstall and reinstall liveries and FSFX...

I highly doubt that and would not recommend it. At the most you can try copying the fltsim entries from the old to the new, but don't replace the whole thing. There's a probably any number of changes in the aircraft.cfg file that you'd be erasing by copying over the new one, probably causing a host of unexpected issues. Reinstalling liveries is a pain, but if QW's dispatcher is any good and the fltsim entries of the liveries are all correct and don't need any manual tinkering (like all those of the Aerosoft Airbus, for example), it really shouldn't be any trouble.


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.8GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

my question is whether saving panel state was finally fixed.

 

Fixes/Improvements

  • PANEL STATE: When loading a saved flight, the panelstate specified in the qw787.cfg gets loaded instead of the panelstate matching the flight
  • PANEL STATE: When loading a saved flight in high altitude the engines shutdown

 

Michael Moe


Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

 

Fixes/Improvements

  • PANEL STATE: When loading a saved flight, the panelstate specified in the qw787.cfg gets loaded instead of the panelstate matching the flight
  • PANEL STATE: When loading a saved flight in high altitude the engines shutdown

 

Michael Moe

That's what QW stated 🙂 Not what users experience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

 

I highly doubt that and would not recommend it. At the most you can try copying the fltsim entries from the old to the new, but don't replace the whole thing. There's a probably any number of changes in the aircraft.cfg file that you'd be erasing by copying over the new one, probably causing a host of unexpected issues. Reinstalling liveries is a pain, but if QW's dispatcher is any good and the fltsim entries of the liveries are all correct and don't need any manual tinkering (like all those of the Aerosoft Airbus, for example), it really shouldn't be any trouble.

Yes, you're probably right Ben, I didn't think of that. 

The QW dispatcher works quite well, but i'll have to re-download all the liveries because I didn't save them, and then re-install them one by one, and it's just a tedious and time consuming process is all.

I may try copying the fltsim entries from the old cfg to the new as you suggested, that should not cause any problems...


Scott

Share this post


Link to post

Looking forward to some full flight reviews with the new update.  I have no time to fly it until next weekend.

Share this post


Link to post

In our next update we plan on having a feature that scans for your livery entries and gives you the option to save them if you are chosing the update method rather than clean install. But it's been this way since day 1.

We apologize not being able to get it done in time for this update.

In the interim I personally recommend backing up your aircraft cfg for the -8 and -9 before the update, then carefully simply ONLY add the livery entries of your old cfg into the new cfg.

As Ben noted there have been quite a few changes so copying over the entire thing will erase part of the new FDE.

Technically we wouldn't openly suggest what I'm saying but I'll put my customer hat here on and it's what I would do to save the liveries, especially if not all the liveries come from us. Doing so will work perfectly fine as long as none of the aircraft related entries are overwritten and just the FLTSIM entries are updated.

If you don't want to edit the cfg or aren't comfortable (perfectly understandable) you have to reinstall via dispatcher but it can be batched all at once and can be done in moments as long as you have the original qwl files. I personally don't keep mine so I carefully do the manual copy and paste into the new cfg.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, JasonPC said:

I think so I believe the most recent update was from November. It was version V1.1.2(A) which should show up in the IDENT page of the FMC.

I'm slightly confused by the wording of the upgrade policy regarding the (A). The first paragraph doesn't discriminate, the second does. ???:

These update installers are only for customers who wish to update from version 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. If you are upgrading from any version prior to V1.1.2, you will need to uninstall that version and a FULL install will be required.

Ultimate 787 V1.1.2(A) to V1.1.3 Update Installer - P3Dv4

According to the IDENT page, I have "PS 10092018 - (QW 1.1.2)" currently installed. Does this mean I must do a full install or will the upgrade work for me?


7700K@4.8 GHz - MSI Z270-A Pro - 4x8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3000 MHz - ZOTAC GTX 1080 TI @1683 MHz - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Saitek X-55 'Rhino', ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W10 Home 64 - P3D v4 - XP11

Share this post


Link to post

I completed a full flight CYUL to MMUN.

Wrx radar on/no CDT

PBR look awesome 

Reposition system.. still need improvment.

FPS are about the same as the previous version.

Loaded winds via AS with no issue.

I really love this aircraft and  he only get better.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, American 833 Heavy said:

In the interim I personally recommend backing up your aircraft cfg for the -8 and -9 before the update, then carefully simply ONLY add the livery entries of your old cfg into the new cfg.

Thanks for the clarification. One question remains: will the PBR work on the "old" liveries? Means I do not have to reinstall them for the use of PBR?

Then: on your homepage, the only recommend installation of the update is a full reinstall. Your post suggest that it does not matter if one reinstalls everything or one uses the update workflow. What is now correct?


Greetings, Chris

Intel i7-8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Thanks for the clarification. One question remains: will the PBR work on the "old" liveries? Means I do not have to reinstall them for the use of PBR?

Then: on your homepage, the only recommend installation of the update is a full reinstall. Your post suggest that it does not matter if one reinstalls everything or one uses the update workflow. What is now correct?

Yep they work with the exception of one particular livery ( Virgin Atlantic )....

Edited by awf
  • Upvote 2

 

André
 

Share this post


Link to post

As to VNAV: in the previous version there was an issue with above-path descents. Putting up the spoilers should have resulted in an increased rate of descent to maintain the selected VNAV descent speed, while engines stayed at idle. Instead, what happened was that the engines spooled up with the spoilers up, reducing the rate of descent and defeating the whole exercise (and making it much harder to get back on path, forcing the use of VS or FLCH, although FLCH also had some issues).

Is this fixed?

James

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, odourboy said:

I'm slightly confused by the wording of the upgrade policy regarding the (A). The first paragraph doesn't discriminate, the second does. ???:

These update installers are only for customers who wish to update from version 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. If you are upgrading from any version prior to V1.1.2, you will need to uninstall that version and a FULL install will be required.

Ultimate 787 V1.1.2(A) to V1.1.3 Update Installer - P3Dv4

According to the IDENT page, I have "PS 10092018 - (QW 1.1.2)" currently installed. Does this mean I must do a full install or will the upgrade work for me?

I think it should work if I remember correctly the 1.1.2a corrected an issue with bug reporting in 1.1.2 that caused crashes. I would just uninstall and reinstall to be safe though. There may still be a link to the 1.1.2a installer on the qualitywings Facebook but it’s no longer on the site.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

I think it should work if I remember correctly the 1.1.2a corrected an issue with bug reporting in 1.1.2 that caused crashes. I would just uninstall and reinstall to be safe though. There may still be a link to the 1.1.2a installer on the qualitywings Facebook but it’s no longer on the site.

Agreed - I couldn't find any record of 1.1.2(A) either as a download or in a tweet/news release, so I figured it was short-lived. I didn't install 1.1.2 until well after it was released, so on the assumption that what I installed was actually 1.1.2(A), I went ahead and did the 'upgrade' route. So far, it looks like it worked fine, though all I've done so far is a sanity flight.


7700K@4.8 GHz - MSI Z270-A Pro - 4x8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3000 MHz - ZOTAC GTX 1080 TI @1683 MHz - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Saitek X-55 'Rhino', ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W10 Home 64 - P3D v4 - XP11

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,170.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...