Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

Looking for the right flow when talking to GSX ground

Hi,

Does anyone know about a good written procedure on how to interact with the GSX ground crew. A flow that will tell me what to say and when. After 3 weeks of trying to get MCE-PF3-P3D 4.4 to work together I am now struggling with the proper phraseology to be use. A video would be ok, but I would prefer something on paper. 

Thanks 

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

5 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi,

Does anyone know about a good written procedure on how to interact with the GSX ground crew. A flow that will tell me what to say and when. After 3 weeks of trying to get MCE-PF3-P3D 4.4 to work together I am now struggling with the proper phraseology to be use. A video would be ok, but I would prefer something on paper. 

Thanks 

Pierre

Refer to pdf document "AES&GSX.pdf"

Windows menu Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->AES&GSX Document"

Thanks I did red that document, but i was looking for a actual flow example, like a tutorial. I am having difficulties exchanging with GSX, I do get the greeting. After that sometime I get a reply if I say ´´cockpit to ground’´, it will ask me what i want, but when i ask for example ´´please send cathering’´ nothing happens. 

Stupid question, i do need to use the Push to Talk key, to communicate with Gsx?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

3 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Thanks I did red that document, but i was looking for a actual flow example, like a tutorial. I am having difficulties exchanging with GSX, I do get the greeting. After that sometime I get a reply if I say ´´cockpit to ground’´, it will ask me what i want, but when i ask for example ´´please send cathering’´ nothing happens. 

Stupid question, i do need to use the Push to Talk key, to communicate with Gsx?

Pierre

Only use PTT when transmitting proper ATC jargon to ATC, not even for cheats like "select opton one" in ATC menu.

"cockpit to ground" is a command for interaction with Mechanic.

See this vid.

[media] 

[/media]

Thank you.

Very good video, if I understand I only use PTT when I talk to ATC. All the rest is direct (no PTT). If this is the case and please confirm, this should solve my problem.

Many Thanks

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

Ok that will help a lot, 

Last question, I couldn't find anything on how to connect/disconnect the Jetway. Is it supported or I need to use the key stroke (ctrl-J) 

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

On 3/26/2019 at 6:13 PM, PierreFSX said:

Ok that will help a lot, 

Last question, I couldn't find anything on how to connect/disconnect the Jetway. Is it supported or I need to use the key stroke (ctrl-J) 

Pierre

You can create a custom command in VoxKey to handle that.

Windows menu Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Voxkey.

Since you're using P3D, open Voxkey profile "Prepar3D Demo".

Add a new command (example "connect jetway" (or anything you want. The command just needs to be different from any built-in commands)

Tie the new command to key combo "CTRL+J" and save the profile. Close Voxkey

Next time you run MCE, the new speech command will be available for recognition. Speak it and CTRL+J will be sent to P3D (any version)

You can drive other add-on that respond to key presses using Voxkey.

Ok thanks 

I will try that

Pierre

Pierre Nantel