Sign in to follow this  
airernie

fsAerodata - Load Database

Hi Alex,

Perhaps asked and answered, but having a senior moment here.

I subscribe to both fsAerodata and Navigraph.

Because I have Navigraph and specify 'Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures' can I exclude the 'FSAD_Navaids' and 'FSX_Approaches' entries in my Scenery.cfg during the 'Load Scenery Library' option in LNM?

I understand then they should be included when running FSX, but they seem redundant when compiling the database, since Navigraph is going to provide them.

Thanks,
Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie,

10 hours ago, airernie said:

Because I have Navigraph and specify 'Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures' can I exclude the 'FSAD_Navaids' and 'FSX_Approaches' entries in my Scenery.cfg during the 'Load Scenery Library' option in LNM? 

Yes, you can exclude these from loading. The FSAD navaids and approaches are not needed in LNM if you use the updated LNM Navigraph database. Same applies to the airspaces.

Airports are another story. You probably want to see the corrected altitudes and/or positions in LNM too. I'd keep those.

Alex

2 hours ago, albar965 said:

The FSAD navaids and approaches are not needed in LNM if you use the updated LNM Navigraph database. Same applies to the airspaces.

Thanks Alex,

I thought that might be the case. 

I left 'FSAD_Comms' enabled because the fsAerodata forum indicated that it updates Airport Comms and it would be nice to have that information visible in LNM.

Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

The Com frequencies are read from the simulator database in LNM (except when using "Navigraph for all").  I'd not exclude this file if the frequencies in the sim have to match the ones in LNM.

Alex

Alex,

This a slightly different question regarding files and file order. I didn't think that it warranted a separate thread.

If an airport has a pre-load stub ADE file located in ...scenery/world/scenery (added to change the airport's altitude and/or name) does LNM use that elevation and name if the data source is the sim's database? I mean here that fsaerodata is being used and not Navigraph.

Jay

10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If an airport has a pre-load stub ADE file located in ...scenery/world/scenery (added to change the airport's altitude and/or name) does LNM use that elevation and name if the data source is the sim's database?

Hi Jay,

it should. The elevations should match the ones in the simulator. But fsAerodata does not use the stubs in world/scenery. They replace the APX*.bgl files.

LNM should reflect all these changes.

Alex