Sign in to follow this  
Quackarov

Flying high

Hey guys.  I am curious about something.  What aircraft, freeware or payware, do we currently have in P3D V4 that can fly like super high?  Like at least 50k and above.  Let me know!

Extreme prototypes offer a couple of super high altitude beasts, NASA testing things. Also I think the f22 raptor default plane is good for 60k iirc.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Fingers crossed that FSL one day will finally do their Concorde as promissed  

• Like 1

Artur 

https://www.justflight.com/product/canberra-pr9-download

Investigate the just flight Canberra pr9. An excellent model and p3d v4 ready. I don't know what the ceiling is but the real ones were regularly 60k plus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Fingers crossed that FSL one day will finally do their Concorde as promissed  

According to recent posts on their forum work is progressing. Nothing regarding any release date sadly.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, tutmeister said:

https://www.justflight.com/product/canberra-pr9-download

Investigate the just flight Canberra pr9. An excellent model and p3d v4 ready. I don't know what the ceiling is but the real ones were regularly 60k plus.

Ceiling of the PR.9 is below 50000, still I got her up to 57000. She's a wonderful bird!

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

The p3dv4 SR71 is in development. When that comes out, if it's accurate, you'll get it to at least 85,000 feet. The real one could probably go higher, but there's a lot of max-# specs about that plane that are still classified.

The Eaglesoft Citation X correctly models the service ceiling as FL 510, and you can buy that now if you're willing to get the older one. They're working on a new one that I'm, personally, waiting for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kaha said:

Ceiling of the PR.9 is below 50000, still I got her up to 57000. She's a wonderful bird!

That is rather disappointing that it doesn’t perform like the real one did.

• Like 1

A real Canberra made over 70000 feet, but it wasn't a PR.9.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Quackarov said:

Hey guys.  I am curious about something.  What aircraft, freeware or payware, do we currently have in P3D V4 that can fly like super high?  Like at least 50k and above.  Let me know!

Xtreme Prototypes X-15A-2 Special Edition v2.0. Fun to fly!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kaha said:

A real Canberra made over 70000 feet, but it wasn't a PR.9.

Yes, it was a rocket assisted world record altitude record at the time.

Hard to find conclusive data on the pr9 but it was more capable that the standard Canberra which out performed most things for a very long time in speed and altitude. The pr9 was more capable and there are plenty of stories out there from RAF crew regarding operating at over 60 thousand feet including surprising a Blackbird decending through 60000ft into Mildenhall.

To keep this on topic, I did have the pr9 as a freeby giveaway on disk from raf cosford one year. Last night, I repurchased the p3d v4 download version as I had lost the disk. Wow, it is great! Nicely in depth, excellent texturing and modelling with apparently exact systems performance. Took it up to 55000 where is gets a bit sluggish but the the high altitude aileron switch on it still handled ok. So apart from being a bit short in the actual ceiling I think it is stunning. Flying it over orbx true earth england it performed very well.

Chris

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

...Wow, it is great! ...

Chris

And managing the fuel system is quite a challange!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kaha said:

And managing the fuel system is quite a challange!

How many fuel tanks? Not as many as Concorde’s 13 I would imagine. 😉

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 in the Canberra. 

• Like 1