Sign in to follow this  
Akki

Scenery interfer FSX/Real Traffic

I experience sudden scenery interfere running the Real Traffic with FSX- suddenly the scenery turns grey or light dark grey partially, which cause problems on approach as the pilot view is impacted.

Is there any solution to this issue?

I can provide screen shoot´s if needed

Åke

3 minutes ago, Akki said:

I experience sudden scenery interfere running the Real Traffic with FSX- suddenly the scenery turns grey or light dark grey partially, which cause problems on approach as the pilot view is impacted.

Åke

What makes you think  PSXseeconTraffic has anything to do with this?

Because when turning PSXseeconTraffic and Real Traffic off problem disappear, and if I run only FSX + Vatsim the problem do not occur. It is a new phenomena since I started to use PSXseecon and Real Traffic. I am however interested to find an explanation and if possible a solution (fix?) as I appreciate your program very much and enjoy the life traffic.

By the way- can I edit/add some airlines to the airplane list/models, I have two liveries that do not occur correctly ( JetTime - a Danish charter and BRA ( a Swedish domestic airline)?

1 hour ago, Akki said:

1) Because when turning PSXseeconTraffic and Real Traffic off problem disappear, and if I run only FSX + Vatsim the problem do not occur. It is a new phenomena since I started to use PSXseecon and Real Traffic. I am however interested to find an explanation and if possible a solution (fix?) as I appreciate your program very much and enjoy the life traffic.

2) By the way- can I edit/add some airlines to the airplane list/models, I have two liveries that do not occur correctly ( JetTime - a Danish charter and BRA ( a Swedish domestic airline)?

@1) RealTraffic does not communicate with FSX and PSXseeconTraffic  injects AI aircraft liveries only, hence it is very unlikely that it changes scenery colours.... Maybe (some) of your installed AI aircraft cause this? Try another set of AI aircraft.

@2) Yes you can, add their ICAO airline codes to AILGenerator\data\airlines.xml

Edited by kiek

@2) it is more a question about correct livery in the ai model (textures) I presume?

3 hours ago, Akki said:

@2) it is more a question about correct livery in the ai model (textures) I presume?

I do not understand exactly what you mean, but it is all up to you to add AI aircraft. That's outside PSXseeconTraffic.

I will try to be more precise:

1) The airlines.xml is located in my installation to:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\data

2) If we take  the airline "JetTime" as an example ( small Danish charter airline) they are present as ICAO in the list and an aircraft show up (B737) but with not the correct textures in Real Traffic. Where is the connection between airlines ICAO and AI aircraft textures done? If I find the right textures/aircraft and place it in the AI aircraft list where can I edit this?

OK, Ithink I got it now, found the different AI aircrafts with subfolders for textures for each airline. So I simply add a folder with corresponding airline/aircraft? Do I need to edit any other xml-file as well except for the ICAO code which in this case is present?

Edited by Akki
found an explanation on my own

1 hour ago, Akki said:

1) The airlines.xml is located in my installation to:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\data

2) If we take  the airline "JetTime" as an example ( small Danish charter airline) they are present as ICAO in the list and an aircraft show up (B737) but with not the correct textures in Real Traffic. Where is the connection between airlines ICAO and AI aircraft textures done? If I find the right textures/aircraft and place it in the AI aircraft list where can I edit this?

@1) That's not correct. The airlines.xml that AILGenerator is using is in the data subfolder of your AILGenerator folder. You should add ICAO for JetTime to that file.

@2) The match between a live aircraft and an AI aircraft ivery is done by PSXseeconTraffic, based on the AI_liveries.xml file generated by you with AILGenerator. You can check if you find the JetTime livery in the AI_liveries.xml file, if not you have not added all folders with your AI aircraft to AILGenerator.

Edited by kiek

OK, now I have studied your PSXT Manual chapter 2.3.2 and better understand the AI options- I have only utilized the FLAI option and have not installed the AILGenerator. For the same reasons I do not have the files on the locations you describe.

All needed AI liveries needed for a pretty good appearance in Real Traffic is in the FLAi folders under SimObjects/Airplanes, however with the missing textures for Jettime etc. My idea was to add the Jettime textures to the correct FLAi folder for Boeing 737-700/800; have however not been able to test as the texture files I found is in a PTP-format which I am not able to convert yet. Jettime is already available in the xml-file.

If I install AILGenerator, how do you suggest I proceed?

Thanks for having patience with me.

Åke

5 hours ago, Akki said:

If I install AILGenerator, how do you suggest I proceed?

There are two possible ways forward:

1) Install your JetTime liveries in a folder somewhere at your PC (not necessarily in Simobjects\airplanes), make them known to your Simulator ("makiing them active"), and use two paths to folders with AI aircraft in AILGenerator:

a) pointing to your FLAI package
     b) pointing to where you installed your Jettime liveries.
    change the Liveries folder in PSXT from "installation_liveries" to the liveries folder of AILGenerator (or just push the connect button if you run all software at the same PC).

2) add your Jettime liveries at the right place to your FLAi package, and use just one path in AILGenerator pointing to the FLAi package. (Keep the "installation_liveries" parameter of PSXT.)

For both situations you have to add the Jettime ICAO code to the file AILGenerator\data\airlines.xml

In your situation I'd recommend appraoch 2.

BTW: It is not a good idea to install the FLAi package in Simobjects\airplanes... That folder is meant for "flyable" aircraft not for AI-aircraft

Edited by kiek

On 3/25/2019 at 7:26 PM, Akki said:

Åke

When I read this, it reminded me of a problem I encountered when I used FSX with PMDG NGX and Aivlasoft EFB v1 which both uses simconnect.

I think I read back then it was a bug in FSX simconnect when it got overloaded causing this grey screen in scenery window oddity.

I have never encountered this after moving to P3D, so maybe this is related to FSX and many simconnect calls?

Edited by vhaaland

Spoiler

Thanks Vidar for comments- I will try to evaluate if it is related to Real Traffic in combination with vPilot or only Real Traffic offline. I have no plans to change simulator, not for the moment at least.