Sign in to follow this  
l_schuiling

Tour accross NL

Dear All,

my first attempt to do a flight for saturdays leaves me with a flightplan off 233 nm covering the basic airports of NL. i might need some assistance, or we drop a few allong the way.

EHGG;;Eelde Our Northern airfield where reginal flights and charters are landing and departing
WP1;;;;;;;;;My home 🙂
EHLE;;Lelystad airport in the midst of becoming the second largest regional airport in NL

EHSB;;Soesterberg AB (closed)  the NL aircraft industries started here
EHRD;;Rotterdam for a short hop along the coast
EHAM;;Schiphol well known  -> https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EHAM
EHKD;;De Kooy Navy we might skip this one
EHGG;;Eelde finish

given the distance a fast one is welocme, although i would appriciate a Fokker aircraft since we have build them in NL a spitfire, easily the most beautifull aircraft or a leg in a DC3

scenery wise, true earth is the best NL scenery out there. Good freeware NL2000 https://www.nl-2000.com/2010/05/nl2000-version-40-download-instructions-and-locations/ is available, with addon airports.

i propose a fly-inn start where the participans will come in flying to EHGG and display a move over the runway, but i leave that up to your choice.  Fill in the sheet at the server, so that we can skip the subtitute phase we seem to go through each session.

Best regards

Leon

flightplan  ->  https://www.dropbox.com/s/69wu1einxzp750v/tourNL.zip?dl=0

dutch aircraft fighter of the ww2

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/52/753

video of so peaople building the D21

Edited by l_schuiling

Hi All,

Looks like a flight to hone close flying skills,(  not too many mountains to worry about )

Carenado PC12 for me.

regards.

BTW, I found TE NL very taxing on my system, and have now disabled a lot of detail objects in FTC Central for this scenery package.

Under VFR landmarks, I disabled everything except for Greenhouses, Sheds, Windmills, Bridges.

Not sure what made the most difference, but now I can fly without totally maxing out CPU usage and blurry scenery.  YMMV   :wink:

Bert

A more minimalist solution would be to use your already installed Orbx Global & European Landclass & Vector. Then add the specific NL2000 airports that we intend to use. The NL2000 homepage is a starting point. You may then visit the NL2000 v4 download page to download the manual and installer (as Leon suggests above). And then choose only the airports that you want to use. (This suggestion does not include downloading the large photoreal texture files. You might want to do so, in which case you want the NL2000 v5 package.) The smaller suggested NL2000 airport-only package does NOT provide anything like the detail or accuracy that TE-NL has on offer. For example, it depicts Leon’s lovely residential neighborhood as an open field. On the other hand, it makes fewer demands on your system.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Being in FSX yet, the NL2000 package was a worth a good revisit. Had it many moons ago, this flight was enough to get it back installed again - full boat.
Tested the route. I must admit, coming into Schiphol with a dozen friends on board may require to land on the "back 40" - 04/22, any closer it will turn into a slide show -- excellent though! 
If you have "any" elevation problems in your sim for this flight, a tip... Reformat the disk and start over! 
😜 Off topic, the past discussed "history" library is now in beta on the spreadsheet, for easy copy and paste - it has been started to whomever entered all the information on last week's flight and this one too. See y'all this weekend.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I will pick up Leon's idea of a Fly-In. I will depart from ETNT and plan to arrive at EHGG 10 minutes before our scheduled departure.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

The Dutch skies today (2019-03-30) are a bit thick with haze and limited visibility. Fine for flying but not so good for a scenic tour. If this haze persists you may want to switch your weather engine to another "historical weather day" for brighter and clearer vistas. For a day with occasional clouds but crisp visibility all over the Netherlands you might choose July 14, 2018 at 1200 UTC.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Leon,

An excellent flight today - even with my sim troubles.. Thank You!
When the sim wasn't in the middle of restarting I managed to get some screen shots, mainly points of interest.
You can pick them up at your local Walmart photo center - here😜

Nice shots Roman! Too bad you had to turn the autogen down so much!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

ガンター、
もう一つの素晴らしいフライト - ありがとう!
日のフライトからのいくつかの上映はここにあります。

Gantā, mōhitotsu no subarashī furaito - arigatō!
Kyō no furaito kara no ikutsu ka no jōei wa koko ni arimasu.

Gunter,
Another great flight - Thank You!
Some screenies from today's flight are here.

• Like 1

I thought I'd post some pics of Saturday's route across True Earth Netherlands.   I took these pics today while flying the route offline.  The first pics are of the countryside approaching Rotterdam, then a few pics of the city and port, then along the coast, and a final rooftop shot over Delft.

4syDgf8.jpg

4DlxT2A.jpg

fgsyZMz.jpg

qnjziKF.jpg

I3ZLkOc.jpg

nA4d3Q8.jpg

MvhpbjO.jpg

0anLaEE.jpg

• Like 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Terrific screenshots!

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1