Sign in to follow this  
spilok

No more long pauses after switching views

For the longest time, I've become accustomed to P3d pausing for a few seconds to as much as 10 seconds when I switched views from cockpit to spot to anything else.  It didn't ALWAYS happen, but it happened quite frequently and it did so on every flight I've had in the past.   I became to think of it as normal, and related it to settings in the sim that might have been stronger than they should have been.  I really didn't think too much about it, and assumed it was just a bothersome inconvenience for having all my sliders close to full right.

Today, however, I downloaded the new Nvidia driver 419.67....and replaced the latest 419.35.   I was blown away that after 2 hours of flying from KABE to KPIT and going into strong weather and clouds, that I didn't have even a single pause after switching views.  My FPS were excellent, and I was in flight sim Heaven!  Then I flew from KPIT to KCLT and again experienced absolutely NO PAUSES when switching views.  I switched views very frequently to try to cause a pause....nope....NONE.

Maybe this is an anomaly, and maybe not.  All I know is that I loved the smoothness of my flights today, and the only thing I did differently was upgrade my drivers to the 419.67's.

Please let me know if you find these drivers as satisfying as I found them today.

Stan

• Like 1

True.  My SSD with drivers that were only 1 month old didn't cut it.  These new drivers do!  Just flew a flight real time (night with all the lighting) from KABE to Toronto.  Perfectly smooth and no pauses.  Incredible, I'd say.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.  Fingers crossed.

Stan

Edited by spilok

Absolutely a positive change on my PC. Very fluid.

Thank you Stan!

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

You're welcome.  Let's hope this is the real deal that I've been waiting for all my life.

Stan

• Like 1

I would be interested, how do you update the driver?! I have not done that for a long time ... is there anything to consider here?

Thanks!

just tried those new ones too as i got massive stutters before it seems now a lot smoother. Thanks for that !

Carsten U

Good to know, will test the novel driver as well.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 hours ago, fernandinho said:

I would be interested, how do you update the driver?! I have not done that for a long time ... is there anything to consider here?

Thanks!

If you run Geforce Experience you can update from there, or search the web .

best to do a custom install and make sure to click the option for a ' clean install'

If you run Nvidia Inspector make sure you export your settings as a new driver install resets back to default.

bob   edit... :-  also best to delete the shaders cache.  ( NOT  …. ShadersHLSL )

Edited by onebob
  • Like 1

I also have some improvement with 419.67

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Go to NVidia Drivers site....download the latest drivers based on your system.

ALWAYS do a CLEAN INSTALL.....not an automatic install.  The choice is given to you when you start the installation.

Stan

Edited by spilok

6 hours ago, fernandinho said:

Thanks!

Go to NVidia Drivers site....download the latest drivers based on your system.

ALWAYS do a CLEAN INSTALL.....not an automatic install.  The choice is given to you when you start the installation.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help! Sorry, two more questions ... regarding the selection of the correct driver: DCH or Standard? Game-Ready or Creator-Ready?