Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

REX Skyforce3D Texture loading time required?

I have P3D4.4 set up with ASP4/ASCA ENVTEX/EVNSHADE and REX Skyforce3D, configured according to all the tutorials I can find for SF3D to do the clouds, and ASP4 to do the sky colours.

When I use SF3D to select cloud textures, at the bottom right of the app it notifies me that 1509 textures are ready for installation.

But when I press the install textures button, it immediately says DONE. Is this correct? How can it possible install 1509 textures in just about zero time?

If this is not right, do you have any ideas what is wrong?

Cheers

@SledDriver You are looking at the 3D cloud model screen, which is a base install of those associated files. You don't need to click install on this area each time. Also this screen is not associated with textures. It's fair to mention that our install process is fast. On my system it takes only a split second to install all content. So there is most likely nothing to worry about.

• Upvote 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Thanks for that.

There seem to be two separate cloud texture install screens, and I'm not clear on the difference between them and when to use each, especially when not using the Rex Weather Engine.

5 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Thanks for that.

There seem to be two separate cloud texture install screens, and I'm not clear on the difference between them and when to use each, especially when not using the Rex Weather Engine.

You are not alone..REX likes to make UI confusing 😄

• Like 1

Ahmet Can

8 hours ago, timest said:

@SledDriver You are looking at the 3D cloud model screen, which is a base install of those associated files. You don't need to click install on this area each time. Also this screen is not associated with textures. It's fair to mention that our install process is fast. On my system it takes only a split second to install all content. So there is most likely nothing to worry about.

Perhaps you should put in a couple of seconds of load-time, so to ease the minds of the users... 😄

I, myself have had some suspicion of the loading times... but impressively it does work.

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

9 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Thanks for that.

Hi,

You're welcome. There is an area to set cloud model usage, an area dedicated for textures and a theme area. If it isn't clear in the user manual, please advise how we can better that so we can make the necessary changes. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Perhaps you should put in a couple of seconds of load-time, so to ease the minds of the users... 😄

I, myself have had some suspicion of the loading times... but impressively it does work.

lol Anders 😉 

• Like 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

"There is an area to set cloud model usage, an area dedicated for textures and a theme area."

These are just words. They could all mean the same as each other.

12 hours ago, SledDriver said:

But when I press the install textures button, it immediately says DONE. Is this correct? How can it possible install 1509 textures in just about zero time?

12 hours ago, timest said:

It's fair to mention that our install process is fast. On my system it takes only a split second to install all content.

It's also fair so say no content is installed at all when you click that option. 😉 Clicking that option doesn't actually install 1509 models (not textures). Those models (not textures) are installed already when you install SF. However, they aren't yet activated. Clicking that option only changes a single config file somewhere which tells the sim to use those FS models instead of any other ones. As we all know nowadays PC's will have no problem at all changing a single little text file. 😉 Hence the split second.