Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Loud Backgound Noise with nothing started

Ever since installing my Carenado Baron B58 there has been a very loud background noise when the aircraft loads and nothing has been started. No other aircraft gives this problem and it does not matter at which airport I load the B58 to.

What in the world could be causing this and more important how to stop this annoying loud noise (almost sounds like a continual wind storm)?

Edited by Dane Watson

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

I have further discovered that this sound only occurs when Active Sky-P3Dv4 starts up and only affects the Baron.

I will now take my query to HiFi Active Sky

Regards, Dane

I think it's a "combination" problem.  While researching the touch-down sounds absence last night I ended up in the same situation.  I was switching back and forth between airplanes and all of a sudden I had this terrible wind noise background in the Baron, even when cold and dark.  I simply restarted the sim and it cleared. 

I think some things can get carried forward from airplane to airplane if you are doing any switching during the session.  There was a serious problem with the Carenado Navajo and the Alabeo Cheiftain where both aircraft used the same fuel selector variable but the variable was not accessible in the Chieftain.  If you flew the Navajo first, turned a fuel selector off, then switched to the Chieftain....there was nothing you could do to get that engine started on the Chieftain.  You had to go back to the Navajo, turn the fuel selector back on, then go back to the Chieftain and start the engine.  And this one carried over from session to session.  Restarting the sim didn't even clear it up.  Very frustrating and hours to figure it out. 

Anyway....for the noise problem, restarting the sim cleared it up for me. 

Well it pays to keep digging - I found my solution.

I made an assumption that turned out to be incorrect - my Realtek HD Audio Driver was out of date which I discovered when I went through all my drivers to see if any needed updating.

And the result was that very annoying loud background noise went away - but I still don't know why it only happened when Active Sky was launched.

So this problem is resolved now it would be nice (wishful thinking) if Carenado made a fix to the no tire squeal on landing

Regards, Dane