Sign in to follow this  
marcom

NOTAM for QW 787 Pilots

Dear folks,

some users have experienced issues with the Remote MFDs/EFB of the QW 787 where the content of the display would be displayed multiple times but very small in size.

While we haven't figured out the root cause yet, there is a simple fix to this:

1. Run the QW Dispatcher
  2. Unselect the High Resolution option (if you had it selected before - basically just invert the selection)
  3. Close the Dispatcher
  4. Run the Sim and load the QW 787
  5. Close the Sim
  6. Run the Dispatcher again and re-select the High Resolution option (just invert it again)

Now it should work correctly.

I'll also forward this information to QW to see if they can troubleshoot it some more.

qw_bug.jpg

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

I went on simservers web site and it doesn't claim to support the QW787.  There are no instructions on how to use it.  My interest is to use it on for EFB.  QW just says to look for more info on their site, where?

Gnacino

Hello guys, best.

I´m trying to set to QW789 the CDU in a tablet.

No instruction on their mainpage, someone?.

regards.

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

42 minutes ago, ferangel2000 said:

Hello guys, best.

I´m trying to set to QW789 the CDU in a tablet.

No instruction on their mainpage, someone?.

regards.

Gentlemen,

only a few threads below this one you will these 2 postings:

and
I hope this helps.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Also, the app won't display anything if you're in 2D view (or will not update if you switch to 2D view). 

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Tried everything I can think of, but I'm stuck with only the keypad.  I don't get the MFDs AT ALL!  Not small, just nothing.  I have tried a tablet, my phone and my other monitor.  All the same.  I've tried the whole low then back to high resolution.  

Any suggestions???

HI,

I've got exactly the same issue as Andrew. Only the keypad shows on iPad Pro. No MFD small or large, 

I also did the cycling of the high res checkbox as advised.

Regards,

Vlad

2 hours ago, vkupchyshyn said:

HI,

I've got exactly the same issue as Andrew. Only the keypad shows on iPad Pro. No MFD small or large, 

I also did the cycling of the high res checkbox as advised.

Regards,

Vlad

Hi Vlad,

are you running P3D as Admin?

If so, please send me your logfile.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

1 hour ago, marcom said:

Hi Vlad,

are you running P3D as Admin?

If so, please send me your logfile.

Thanks

Mark

Hello Mark, same here, 3 computers, diferents cities and the same isuee. Just the keypad in a small size ( in the the three pc´s).

The recomendation for QW dispatcher dont work.

Tks in advance.

(btw, p3d in adm mode)

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

Ok folks,

anyone experiencing these issues, please send me your logfiles.

The manual explains the process.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

mark - When I try and use the plane from the 2D viewpoint (i.e., without the VC), the app does not update, and only the keyboard shows (i.e., a similar symptom to the others above).

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

5 hours ago, Bryn said:

mark - When I try and use the plane from the 2D viewpoint (i.e., without the VC), the app does not update, and only the keyboard shows (i.e., a similar symptom to the others above).

While it looks similar, the underlying cause is different. You need to be inside the VC for the update to work.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

On 3/28/2019 at 2:31 PM, ferangel2000 said:

Hello Mark, same here, 3 computers, diferents cities and the same isuee. Just the keypad in a small size ( in the the three pc´s).

The recomendation for QW dispatcher dont work.

Tks in advance.

(btw, p3d in adm mode)

Ok guys - some updates from my side. First of all, thank you very much for sending me your logfiles - this helped me isolate the issue.

There seems to be a bug / problem in the QW787 dispatcher where the 'HD Flag' is not saved for each livery. I was able to reproduce the issue mentioned here for a 'Virgin Atlantic' livery for the 787-9 while at the same time the stock livery for the 787-8 worked.

I'll let our friends over at QW know about this.

In the meantime, here is a temporary version with a hotfix for this:

http://www.flightsimapps.com/files/not_released/simserver_29-mar-19-221135.zip

Should anyone run into problems concerning the black screen, please let me know.

Note - the issue mentioned at the top still remains - might be also related to the Dispatcher.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Interesting. I have EFB and MFK working perfect on two iPads. (iPad Mini and 12.9"' Pro). It was easy to create shortcuts and it works with no issues. 

Edited by skysurfer

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Thank you for letting us know about the workaround. This suddenly happened to me as well and I didnt know if it was something I did to break it.