Sign in to follow this  
marcom

NOTAM for QW 787 Pilots

Mark, I was out of town for business and wasn't able to send you log files.  I tried the hotfix you posted, but I'm still getting a completely black screen on my devices.  The keypad seems to work fine (push a button and it works in the sim), but no displays at all in the sim.  I have NOT upgraded P3D to v4.5...still on v4.4.  I'm sending you my logfile.

Edited by Andrew Hafey

On 4/14/2019 at 7:13 AM, Andrew Hafey said:

Mark, I was out of town for business and wasn't able to send you log files.  I tried the hotfix you posted, but I'm still getting a completely black screen on my devices.  The keypad seems to work fine (push a button and it works in the sim), but no displays at all in the sim.  I have NOT upgraded P3D to v4.5...still on v4.4.  I'm sending you my logfile.

Same here - it has been more than a month and I haven't been able to use the QW MFDs.. Hotfix did not work for me. I thought QW was supposed to look into this. Any news?

None on my side.  Had to give up on it unfortunately.  I really hate paying for apps and then getting no feedback from the maker after multiple people say their first fix didn't work.  😞

2 hours ago, Andrew Hafey said:

None on my side.  Had to give up on it unfortunately.  I really hate paying for apps and then getting no feedback from the maker after multiple people say their first fix didn't work.  😞

Gentlemen,

I'm sorry if you have the feeling your are being ignored - you are not.

I'm in contact with QualtyWings VP to troubleshoot the problems you are seeing.

While doing so, I have found another instability: if you disable Real Light in the dispatcher, data is stopped from being sent to my application. Unfortunately, this is also out of my control.

But please rest assured you will not be ignored - we are committed to fixing the issues to make it work for everyone.

Stay tuned.

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

1 hour ago, marcom said:

if you disable Real Light in the dispatcher, data is stopped from being sent to my application

That might be the reason for me as I am operating in SLI environment and TFDI never managed to cure the flickering, which SLI users have been experiencing with Real Light since its release.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, vkupchyshyn said:

That might be the reason for me as I am operating in SLI environment and TFDI never managed to cure the flickering, which SLI users have been experiencing with Real Light since its release.  

Well there we go!

Any way you can test that by temporarily activating RealLight and see if that resolves it for you?

Many thanks

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

So for me this appears to be a version issue.  It "broke" for me this morning after working for some time.

1.  Changing to HD textures I get black screens altogether

2.  Reverting back I get the smaller displays referenced above

This was with the latest 5.3 I believe.  So I found my original files (backup) and renamed the remoteserverupdater.ex to .bak and launched Version 5.1.  Sure enough everything was back to normal.  Only issue is I can see that the  remoteserverupdater.ex file was already recreated meaning for QW to work I need to maintain an old version and delete that file prior to launching otherwise Simserver will be overwritten every time.

-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, psolk said:

So for me this appears to be a version issue.  It "broke" for me this morning after working for some time.

1.  Changing to HD textures I get black screens altogether

2.  Reverting back I get the smaller displays referenced above

This was with the latest 5.3 I believe.  So I found my original files (backup) and renamed the remoteserverupdater.ex to .bak and launched Version 5.1.  Sure enough everything was back to normal.  Only issue is I can see that the  remoteserverupdater.ex file was already recreated meaning for QW to work I need to maintain an old version and delete that file prior to launching otherwise Simserver will be overwritten every time.

-Paul

Hi Paul,

it is always possible that I accidentally caused a regression, but I didn't recently touch part of that code. Can you please reverify your findings? Ie run the 787 in P3D and then first use the old SimServer version and see if that works. If so, let the auto updater do its thing and recheck with the latest version without restarting P3D at any point to make sure we isolate the test scenario.

It would be great if you could share your findings here.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Hi Mark, same thing, if I let the updater run (shows 5.3 after update) and change nothing else I lose my QW functionality as described above.  Minimize P3D, exit SimServer, launch old version (5.1) with updater disabled and works fine...

It's brilliant when it is working too, thank you! 

-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

25 minutes ago, psolk said:

Hi Mark, same thing, if I let the updater run (shows 5.3 after update) and change nothing else I lose my QW functionality as described above.  Minimize P3D, exit SimServer, launch old version (5.1) with updater disabled and works fine...

-Paul

Thanks Paul for checking.

Can you please confirm the exact version number that works?

(Right click the icon and then about)

That will help me track down the changes I did.

Many thanks

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

25 minutes ago, psolk said:

-Paul

Many thanks

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

3 minutes ago, marcom said:

Many thanks

Mark

5.1.0.0 is working as we type

My pleasure!

-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I also had the quadruple MFDs and toggling HD textures in the dispatcher worked for me. (Virgin Atlantic livery)

Thanks!

I just bought the QW787 and would like to pick this up as well. Did this issue ever get resolved under the current version?

- Aaron

Thought I'd give it a go since I like the other two I have in the 737 and 747, and for me it only works with high res textures enabled. Perhaps I was misreading the work around in thinking you could toggle either on or off depending on your current setting, but for me it works fine only with hi res selected. Turned off I see the issue depicted in the original post.

- Aaron