Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

JustSim NICE COTE D'AZUR

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That's out of order. I used to have LFMN in FSX and have been considering a version for P3D but I won't support this policy of additional payment for each point release.

I see the developer doesn't even bother with a dedicated web page. Just a FaceBook account. I suppose you could post your complaint there if you have a FB account. Relying on FB for your public visibility is out of order. How do people without FB post their feelings? Here I suppose.

They created a forum some months ago, but as nobody knows, little activity is there. If the forum is as good maintained as the products, it is anyway of no use...

http://justsim.me/forums

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

My review has just gone live!

Where?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just left them a review as well. They probably won't publish it. It's a bit harsher than David's 🤣

• Like 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

31 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Just left them a review as well. They probably won't publish it. It's a bit harsher than David's 🤣

No, it was not too harsh. 🙂

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

54 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Well done Neil, that is a crackin' review. Others who have paid for the 'upgrade' should also complain. Maybe the penny will then drop that charging for point releases is not acceptable.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A little bit embarrassing that the only verified customer is exactly the one giving five stars and praising how well the update is done and that the fee is no issue. Fishy? I wonder if he got a JustSim scenery for free writing this review...

Greetings, Chris

44 minutes ago, AnkH said:

A little bit embarrassing that the only verified customer is exactly the one giving five stars and praising how well the update is done and that the fee is no issue. Fishy? I wonder if he got a JustSim scenery for free writing this review...

Really people.   The modern day norm of being offended and morally outraged at everything we don't agree with is completely ridiculous in this context.

Technically speaking,  they have not charged anyone for anything, if you have opted not to want it.  Those who want PBR enough to justify the cost have chosen to pay for it.  Those who decide it's not worth the extra cost, can continue using the V4.0 version just like before.  Everything still works.  No harm done.  

They have made things better, for a small fee  - if you want it.  That's all that's happened here.  You don't have to pay it - but neither did JustSim have to provide a PBR update. 

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, AnkH said:

No he didn't, it was me, and there's nothing fishy about it understand..??

I suppose you'll tell us that Marcus Pohlman, who just posted a 4 star review of the upgrade, is also a shill for JustSim....??

Just a little cynical there dude, but whatever...🙄

Edited by SunDevil56

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Really people.   The modern day norm of being offended and morally outraged at everything we don't agree with is completely ridiculous in this context.

Technically speaking,  they have not charged anyone for anything, if you have opted not to want it.  Those who want PBR enough to justify the cost have chosen to pay for it.  Those who decide it's not worth the extra cost, can continue using the V4.0 version just like before.  Everything still works.  No harm done.  

They have made things better, for a small fee  - if you want it.  That's all that's happened here.  You don't have to pay it - but neither did JustSim have to provide a PBR update. 

+1. Exactly the way I see it too. The community expacts to much

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

24 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

+1. Exactly the way I see it too. The community expacts to much

I have to agree... PBR is not a small upgrade by any means. You have to invest in new software and completely rethink your texturing strategy, which also has repercussions for how you model and setup your 3D project in Blender, Gmax or whatever 3D modeling software you choose to use. As somebody who has just started trying to apply PBR materials to his scenery projects, I can vouch for the steep learning curve. It really isn't that simple... Some companies have been very gracious in giving the PBR upgrades for free, and kudos to them. But I can also see that a developer like JustSim, who doesn't charge that much for sceneries to begin with, will ask for a small fee.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Verified customer of several JS airports in P3Dv4.4 but have not purchased the update as yet, and may hold off till P3Dv5 in case we have to purchase that update.  

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

36 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Verified customer of several JS airports in P3Dv4.4 but have not purchased the update as yet, and may hold off till P3Dv5 in case we have to purchase that update.  

That's a reasonable approach Raymond, and frankly, the v4.3 scenery is quite good on it's own, so you aren't  really giving up a lot by just waiting.

I opted to get the update to v4.4, the enhancements were worth it to me, and I didn't find the 5 quid price tag to be exorbitant, but some did, and that's their choice...

I also agree with what Benjamin said... Applying PBR is no small or easy task, and for a small dev like JustSim the small upgrade fee will hopefully allow them to pursue other scenery projects, I for one hope they will expand their offerings, and i'm more than happy to support them in doing so with small upgrade fees.

Edited by SunDevil56

I agree with Scott, it's down to the individual if they want to pay for the PBR update But the ACAD should come free.

Can I remind you that PMDG 747/-8 came with no charge for PBR nor did The MadDog? Not being argumentive but who else has charged for PBR update? out of interest? because if every airport I own is another £6 to upgrade that's a lot of money if every other airport maker goes down this route.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Can I remind you that PMDG 747/-8 came with no charge for PBR

Yes, but it was more than adequately built into the initial asking price of £139 (for the life of P3D V4).

PMDG also have an explicit policy of no charge for point releases on a platform. 

Edited by ErichB
  • Upvote 1