Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

JustSim NICE COTE D'AZUR

Ziron, that is just plain wrong. AFCADs can easily be corrected and offered as DL for example in forums, several devs did this (FSDT, FT, Aerosoft etc.). Besides that it is rather cynical to praise JS for updating their AFCAD, as for a very long time, the AFCADs coming with JS airports in the initial release were just cheap stuff without any gate assignments and nothing. Now they are close to what you get since years from other developers and suddenly you should praise them that they updated their rubbish AFCAD in the first place and taking money for it? Strange logics you have...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Afcad and 3dmax ground polygons with marking it's different things. Make only afcad not right. You need make 3dmax poly before make afcad. But if you need it - don't pay and use previous version. It's easy! 

• Upvote 1

I initially thought it was an upgrade fee too far also but it is optional. You can quite happily roll with the previous version. I’ll stump up the cash because it’s an airport that will feature in our Airbus program and it is also one of my favourite places in real life. I remember last summer bobbing around in the Med as an Emirates A380 blasted over our heads almost off 04R and took that tight turn away from the coastline. The sense of being there is well represented in the JustSim scenery. 

I would also say I’d rather have regular updates for sceneries and pay a small amount to keep using them rather than have airports that become unusable because they fall out of compatibility with the latest versions *cough* Dublin....

Edited by Airline2Sim
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Perhaps you need the input from a developer to understand the other side of the coin and expand your perspectives.

PBR requires that all textures of the airport (or an airplane if you are implementing PBR for an airplane) to be reworked from scratch, this means, taxiways, runways, tarmac, each object of the airport (tugs, poles, papis, etc), each building, gates, etc.. I hope you get the picture.

What the work entitles? well for a minimum:

• For each object stated above / parts of these objects (a building for example can contain hundreds of objects and materials), take the original texture file and remove all the colour effects to leave what is called a "dull / wash out" version of the texture AKA Albedo Map.
  • For each object stated above / parts of these object (a building for example can contain hundreds of objects and materials), create a new texture which will contain the alpha channels for metal reflections AKA Metal Map.
  • For each object stated above (a building for example can contain hundreds of objects and materials), create a new texture which will contain the alpha channels that defines how smooth the material should be. AKA Smooth Map.
  • For each object stated above (a building for example can contain hundreds of objects and materials), create a new texture which will contain the information about how light should interact with each material. AKA Normal Map.

It is fair to say, the amount of work to do all the above would take a lot of time even with the most modern and expensive PBR painting and design tools out here.

However even after achieving all the above, then more work is required in order to create the effects that you all love.. you see with PBR materials you need to re-develop all your material scripts as well, in other words how the new textures created above should react to: Snow, Rain, Seasons, etc.

So for each texture set of each objects and sub-objects of the entire airport, you are required to create another individual textures set for:

• Seasons A, B, C, D
  • Raining
  • Snowing.
  • Etc.

I hope you guys understand now that PBR is not easy to implement, it is actually the creation of a total new "3D Object" given the quantity of changes and work required to achieve the results, and just because PBR was introduced on P3D 4.4, it doesn't mean PBR is just a "point minor version release", PBR is a total new game changing technology, it brought P3D to the next level and I was quite surprised to see this being released by Lockheed Martin as a point release, we were just very lucky for this to be honest.

You are not paying 7 euros to upgrade to an airport to work with P3D 4.4, you are paying 7 euros to install a "NEW AIRPORT" that implements the new PBR Technology which works with P3D 4.4 and above, now if you do not consider that all these amount of work is worth 7 Euros, then just don't buy it. Having said that, I invite all of you to hire an artist designer for a custom Job, for example to design you a company logo, get your company logo done.. and a couple of months later contact them to modify the logo.. they will still charge you "per hour" to do all the changes as these cannot be done for free.

7€ for this upgrade is an absolutely bargain, it is a new product for this price.. I don't have the original and it will cost me 24€ to get it instead of 7€.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Excellent post simbol, thank you for that.

I think you explained it very well, ie. the scope of the complexities that are involved for any developer that is adding PBR to an existing scenery or aircraft.... 

Whether or not this will change anyone's perspective of the perceived value of such an upgrade, versus the work involved from a developers point of view, is an entirely different matter, but at least we now have a professional perspective, and your comments were well worth it for that alone, so thanks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

So Like I've said I can see both sides and it's down to your personly opinion. Each to there own, and that's always good.

Justsim showed how greedy they are when they put a $5 pricetag on making a P3Dv4 installer for their V3 airports. I didn't bite on that and won't on the "new and improved" V4.4.

Pathetic that Simmarket deleted your review.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I have P3Dv4 and just bought LFMN Simmarket v4, everything is there, cars, planes, small houses, jetways too, but there is not one airport building ! Even with scen complex slider at max !  I had a previous LFMN from 2015 and now i bought v4 for the full price as my previous LFMN was not bought at simmarket. Any help with the buildings not showing up ?

Edited by Pluto7777

1 minute ago, Pluto7777 said:

I have P3Dv4 and just bought LFMN Simmarket v4, everything is there, cars, planes, small houses, jetways too, but there is not one airport building ! Even with scen complex slider at max !  I had a previous LFMN from 2015 and now i bought v4 for the full price as my previous LFMN was not bought at simmarket. Any help with the buildings not showing up ?

Un- and reinstall...

Otherwise contact the developer.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thx, already did... waiting for a response now

Edited by Pluto7777

4 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

Have you check if lfmn is présent in  addon in p3d sub menu

It does not install via add-on.xml method. This is odd for a product that is advertised to be exclusively for p3d v4 and requesting extra charges.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

hi

i have sent 2 emails to justsim

one just now and one about a month ago regarding upgrade for lfmn when bought at flightsimstore

i have not had a reply as yet

does anyone know if you can upgrade when bought at fss

i dont mind paying upgrade price but i dont want to pay full price

thanks

jeff storey

jeff storey

1 hour ago, jstorey20 said:

one just now and one about a month ago regarding upgrade for lfmn when bought at flightsimstore

Hello, have don the same, got this answer;

Simmarket is our only publisher of products for P3D at the moment.
For a number of reasons, we no longer work with the Australian store.
We have received too many complaints and problems as a result of our cooperation. And unfortunately it is not only my opinion..
Purchase which you have done before in FS are irrelevant to the store simmarket.
I'll try to do something about it.. That takes time..
My best wishes!
Andrey Bakanov - CEO JustSim 

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

It does not install via add-on.xml method. This is odd for a product that is advertised to be exclusively for p3d v4 and requesting extra charges.

And are you able to find it in scenery library?

Frédéric Giraud