Sign in to follow this  
ppemberton

Weather not working in FSX

I am using Windows 7, FSX.   My weather isn't working.  What can I do to fix this?  I need good step by step instructions.  Thank you.

If you are referring to FSX real weather, as you probably know, Microsoft have discontinued support for FSX so it is possible that the real weather updates are no longer occurring.

However if you are willing to go down the payware pathway, I can highly recommend the Active Sky products, although those available from Rex also seem very good. I use the AS16 weather engine together with ASCA and Envtex textures and the results in FSX are excellent. For many years, I just used the FSX weather and that was a big mistake on my part as the transformation when I moved to payware weather was amazing with a massive improvement in immersion.

Bill

1 hour ago, scianoir said:

If you are referring to FSX real weather, as you probably know, Microsoft have discontinued support for FSX so it is possible that the real weather updates are no longer occurring.

However if you are willing to go down the payware pathway, I can highly recommend the Active Sky products, although those available from Rex also seem very good. I use the AS16 weather engine together with ASCA and Envtex textures and the results in FSX are excellent. For many years, I just used the FSX weather and that was a big mistake on my part as the transformation when I moved to payware weather was amazing with a massive improvement in immersion.

Bill

Great reply!  I agree completely regarding ActiveSky, ActiveSky Cloud Art (ASCA) and EVNTEX!!!  REX has yet to replace their weather engine (has been planned for quite some time).  The existing weaher engine just has too many issues, at least to use for aircraft that fly over 18,000ft.  On top of that, there is no report of windspeeds and temps at TOC or anywhere else, which is needed for higher flying aircraft. Whether I compare REX Sky Force's Weather Engine to ActiveSky or REX Sky Force Weather Textures to that of ASCA/EVNTEX, ActiveSky and ASCA/EVNTEX always comes out on top... for me it's a slam dunk!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

If you don't want to spend money and are not a "weather purest" just click OK when you see the error pop up and go fly.

Here, read this ad nauseam:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

FSXWX. It's good. It doesn't need configuring. It's free! You don't have to pay out for ActiveSky to get decent real world weather.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I second that ckyliu. Took me a while to figure FSXWX...Fallow the topic above by Stelios.

Berlopez