Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

Starting PMDG777 with external power

HI,

Can I  ask the Preflight procedure to be done without starting the APU, I would like to use the external power.

If yes what do I ask for?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

13 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

HI,

Can I  ask the Preflight procedure to be done without starting the APU, I would like to use the external power.

If yes what do I ask for?

Pierre

With PMDG 777 loaded, start MCE and go to <Command> tab.

Click <Voxscript> button and you should see a list of pre-made flows for that aircraft.

If you don't have one that handles pre-flight with ground power, clone the one that starts with APU and give the new flow something that refers to ground power ("preflight with ground power") or any trigger sentence you like.

The new flow will be listed.

Select it and click <Edit>

In next screen, click <Edit script commands>

Go through the list of various tasks FO is supposed to go through for the preflight with apu.

Remove items that refer to apu start and add these to get mechanic to connect GPU and FO to switch it on.

Notify=cockpit to ground  (this is feedback so you can hear FO establishing contact with mechanic (use the "Notify" command button to create these)

cockpit to ground   (this is the actual command that will get the mechanic to reply

Pause=8    Gives some time for mechanic to reply

Notify=ground connect ground power   (this lets you know FO is asking mechanic to connect ground power

ground connect ground power   (the actual command that gets mechanic to connect it

Pause=8   (it may take some time before mechanic connects it, therefore, need some waiting time here)

connect ground power  (this is the command you would normally give the FO in order to connect the ground power switch.

When you add a new command, it is listed at the bottom of the list. Move it further up as you see fit (where you want the actions to happen). Probably after "master battery on"

To recap, you need to have these in the custom flow

Notify=cockpit to ground

cockpit to ground

Pause=8

Notify=ground connect ground power

ground connect ground power

Pause=8

connect ground power

This can be used with any fully supported aircraft.

You can of course create a separate flow to get FO to start APU and maybe prepare the aircon packs.

• Upvote 1

Great Gerald,

I will try that today.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Hi Gerald,

I am trying to test my new script, I have the PMDG 777 at a gate n Montreal (CYUL)sitting in a cold & Dark state, nothing running. When I ask "cockpit to ground" the co-pilot replies "you need to shutdown one engine before calling maintenance". both of my engines are showdown I don't even have the battery on, no power. I also do not get the greeting from GSX.

I made a test with the PMDG 747 and everything works perfectly

One question: in <Voxscript> do we have a list of script by plane? 

What am I missing,

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

2 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi Gerald,

I am trying to test my new script, I have the PMDG 777 at a gate n Montreal (CYUL)sitting in a cold & Dark state, nothing running. When I ask "cockpit to ground" the co-pilot replies "you need to shutdown one engine before calling maintenance". both of my engines are showdown I don't even have the battery on, no power. I also do not get the greeting from GSX.

I made a test with the PMDG 747 and everything works perfectly

One question: in <Voxscript> do we have a list of script by plane? 

What am I missing,

Pierre

No specific list of flows (scripts), as each user may have different ones according to his needs.

FSX or P3D V4?

Do you have any idea why I am getting this answer from the co-pilot. Why would he think the engine are working?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

31 minutes ago, PierreFSX said:

Do you have any idea why I am getting this answer from the co-pilot. Why would he think the engine are working?

Pierre

That's why I asked whether it's happening under FSX or P3D V4.

Which MCE version are you running? And which PMDG 777 version?

Sorry I miss that,

P3d 4.4

MCE 2.7.90

PMDG 777 1.10.8448

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

Just to add more info, i just started a fly with the 777 in cold &dark state. Same issue with ground and when i asked FO to start engine one he reply « engine already running » same with engine 2. 

Not sure why  FO thinks both engine are running, when they are not.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

Just to add more info, i just started a fly with the 777 in cold &dark state. Same issue with ground and when i asked FO to start engine one he reply « engine already running » same with engine 2. 

Not sure why  FO thinks both engine are running, when they are not.

Pierre

Go to \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder and report the following info for "mcpmd77X.dll"

File version

File size

Last updated date.

Thanks

There you go,

Version 1.0.7.6

file size 78.2 kb

Date 3/15/2019

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

18 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

There you go,

Version 1.0.7.6

file size 78.2 kb

Date 3/15/2019

Pierre

Thanks.

Will be looked at.

Meanwhile confirm you have installed MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ and you set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as admin.

Hi 

No I have MCE installed in c:\simulator\Multi Crew Experience\

Yes I do have Prepar3d.exe to run as admin.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

Hi 

No I have MCE installed in c:\simulator\Multi Crew Experience\

Yes I do have Prepar3d.exe to run as admin.

Pierre

If Windows UAC is enabled (it is by default) and we don't recommend disabling it unless you always have done that yourself on purpose, you must install MCE to C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience.

That way, when "mce.exe" tries to get data (engine status and other bits) from "Prepar3D.exe" (or "fsx.exe", the process will work smoothly, without interference from Windows

Windows UAC is at the lowest level. I can re-install MCE in the default directory if you think it might solved the issue?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel