Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Any one knows if P3dv5 is becoming sloppy ?

We need it sloppy everywhere around the World...

And, if possible, also Airport-updated.... Heck,my little LPMN is in ELITE now, and in XP11... Nothing No NADA in P3D... 

I'm tired of Flatness :-)  But don't overdo it guys... sometimes it can become ridiculously sloped ...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 minutes ago, jcomm said:

We need it sloppy everywhere around the World...

And, if possible, also Airport-updated.... Heck,my little LPMN is in ELITE now, and in XP11... Nothing No NADA in P3D... 

I'm tired of Flatness :-)  But don't overdo it guys... sometimes it can become ridiculously sloped ...

LM = Tied NDA. Wait and see what the Changelog brings after the NDA is lifted. 

Sloped runways would be nice, also more updated airports. But in my opinion there are other requirements that should be higher priorised. But that would be another different topic

Regards 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I will probably stick with P3DV4 since I have Xplane11.  Together both sims fulfill all of my wishes.  I love P3DV4 for its breadth of add on aircraft plus MSE's photo scenery.  It fulfilled a key wish that should have been in FSX--cloud shadows which really add to the realism in flight.  Also its replay mode finally works, unlike the replay mode in FSX and versions prior, but FSRecorder fulfilled that wish in those sims, too bad it was not updated for P3DV4.4 because its recordings are smaller than the ones P3D makes.  I have recorded just two flights in P3D--one is SFO to LAX in the Carenado 550, the other Tahoe to SFO in the Carenado Shorts 360.

Had I been asked I would not have participated in a P3DV5 beta, simply not enough bandwidth plus commercial software QA was my profession, being in a beta reminds me of the 24x7 grind I had in my software dev career, which lasted more than a third of my career, being eclipsed only by my work in the tourism industry as a business systems instructor and hotel manager and controller, prior to that.

P3DV4.4 is arguably the best sim purchase, along with Xplane11, I ever made.  I purchased P3DV4 before I purchased Xplane11.  I give it a slight edge over Xplane11 because of heavy add-on support, whereas Xplane11 is just now catching up.  For me flight dynamics are a toss up, both Xplane11's blade theory and P3D's legacy table based flight dynamics work for me.  Originally I did not like Xplane, having had Xplane10.  But MSFS developers got into a war of sorts with Xplane fans who finally convinced them that Xplane11 could have aircraft with realistic flight dynamics if one studied the flight dynamic options well--the thread was right here at Avsim.  I feel it is because of Xplane's competition that MSFS was able to finally be bought out and morphed into P3D, Xplane kept our hobby alive in the vacuum created when Microsoft disbanded the ACES team who I knew well from the FS9/FSX betas.

I am also sure I will quite likely change my mind about getting P3DV5 if there are some features that excite our community when it is released.  For me though the sim is about add-ons, expand ability, a long way from the scenery only add-ons we used to have way back in the Sublogic FS2 days...

John

Again: it's just depends on the ability of AI using sloped runways because the user plane can already and sloped runways are already possible now.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I thought you meant "Sloppy", not Slopy. Sloppy means not qood quality. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, John_Cillis said:

I will probably stick with P3DV4 

I bet you probably won't 

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I bet you probably won't 

Beware False Prophets, lol!  Good one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

I thought you meant "Sloppy", not Slopy. Sloppy means not qood quality. 

Oops! My bad, not native english... Portuguese here 🙂

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

'Sloppy'. Lol. That was funny.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

2 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

P3DV5 beta

Do we know there is a beta?

I guess i don't understand the obsession with grading.   I know some notable european airports have decent grading but most NA airports are pretty flat.  On purpose.   Of all the things I would want to see in P3D v5, this would be the very bottom.   So many other things for them to work on.  As any pilot you should be looking at the gauges during departure not the slope of the runway.   

• Like 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

10 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Do we know there is a beta?

No, I do not know, someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but at version 4.4 I am not sure a beta is in progress.  It depends on how popular P3D is as compared to Xplane11, because unlike some of us many simmers are moving off of P3D and over to Xplane11, which might not make P3D economically viable, but I do not know the economics, both sims might be able to exist.  The other sim competitors don't come quite close enough for me to leave P3D, they have fewer airports and I feel more for entertainment than P3D and Xplane.  Not that those two products  do not entertain, some just choose to be entertained in a different way.

John

10 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

I guess i don't understand the obsession with grading.  

Sloping can make quite a difference even for pretty flat runways. For instance, you may not be able to see the end of the runway because of the curvature. If you take off on a runway that is close to your estimated takeoff roll, that effect can make you (well, me at least :) ) a bit nervous. Sloped runways is number 2 on my wishlist, right after updated airports.

Peter

Well, correct me if I am wrong but isn't it roughly, Alpha is development, Beta is fixing all the bugs once the development is more or less complete and Release Candidate; what the developers thinks they will get away with? I'd hazard a guess that P3D V5 is still in Alpha.

Edited by Guest