Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Any one knows if P3dv5 is becoming sloppy ?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Wow, another V5 thread ....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

11 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Wow, another V5 thread ....

We are all very passionate and excited about it!😀

In my opinion this thread can be closed because I can't imagine that the answer on the thread title is going to be given here and now. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

This is Lukla Airport, with FreeMeshX and Bing Map on top. Is this the 'sloppy' runway OP mentioned?

uNwTtOH.jpg

If P3D is sloppy, there will be moral outrage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

In my opinion this thread can be closed because I can't imagine that the answer on the thread title is going to be given here and now. 

In my opinion you can just stop looking at the thread. That way you will get the desired effect without imposing it on everyone else! 😜

Well one user who knows but would not tell no longer uses AVSIM sadly and I will miss his input when released, will now have to go somewhere else to get it.   

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

7 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Again: it's just depends on the ability of AI using sloped runways because the user plane can already and sloped runways are already possible now.

It breaks AI, but it also breaks P3D's parking system.  Orbx' recently released KSUN, for example, does feature a non-flat runway.

4 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

I guess i don't understand the obsession with grading.   I know some notable european airports have decent grading but most NA airports are pretty flat.  On purpose.   Of all the things I would want to see in P3D v5, this would be the very bottom.   So many other things for them to work on.  As any pilot you should be looking at the gauges during departure not the slope of the runway. 

"Obsession" seems a bit extreme.  It's not at the top of my list either, but it's definitely on the "that'd be really nice" list.  Your last sentence in particular seems odd.  I've landed at airports with humps so prominent that it looks like the runway is about to end on landing when only halfway to the actual end.  As for departure, I guarantee I'm looking both in and out of the plane.

Scott