Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Falcon 50 Cabin Annunciator Warning Light

I have recently had noticed a minor issue with the cabin warning light on the annunciator panel constantly illuminating in red in the Falcon 50. This has only happened in V1.8 and it appears to be related to the main cabin door. In the cabin view the safety latch on the door is labelled 'unlocked' on the tooltip, but when I click it to lock it although it briefly moves down into the locked position, it flicks back up into the unlocked position a second or so later. I have also tried locking this using the Aircraft Options pop up window where there is a green tick over the door lock and when I click this green tick the cabin warning annunciator light briefly goes off before re-illuminating in red a second or two later. Perhaps I am missing something procedural here and, although this is not a major issue and doesn't stop me enjoying flying the Falcon, I would be grateful for any help to get the warning light off! In case its relevant I am using it in FSX Acceleration with the 32-bit FSW interior mod.

Bill

I tested this same reduced model and have no issues. Does the light come on when you first load the aircraft? Because it should be off to start.

2 hours ago, scianoir said:

Yes it is on when the aircraft loads. 

Since others using the same anti-flashing interior model file as you are not reporting this problem it would seem there is something unique to your setup causing it. I would experiment with using different default a/c before loading the Falcon - e. g., try the C172 or Beech Baron58 if not already using one of those. I have found switching to a different default a/c has solved some strange problems with the Falcon. I would also delete any saved Falcon50 flights you might be using.

Al

3 hours ago, ark said:

Since others using the same anti-flashing interior model file as you are not reporting this problem it would seem there is something unique to your setup causing it. I would experiment with using different default a/c before loading the Falcon - e. g., try the C172 or Beech Baron58 if not already using one of those. I have found switching to a different default a/c has solved some strange problems with the Falcon. I would also delete any saved Falcon50 flights you might be using.

Al

Thanks for those ideas Al. With regard to starting with a default aircraft, I always start with the default Baron before loading any addon aircraft so that doesn’t seem to be the problem. I do however have a couple of saved Falcon flights so I will try deleting these and see if that helps although I haven’t been using these for recent flights with the Falcon. 

By the way, I was not inferring that the anti-flashing interior model is the cause but I thought I should just mention it as part of the description of my setup. 

Bill

1 hour ago, scianoir said:

With regard to starting with a default aircraft, I always start with the default Baron before loading any addon aircraft so that doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Bill

Bill,

I found in P3Dv4 that using the Braron58 as a default flight led to problems with the AP lights. In fact, I tried about 4 different 'default' aircraft before I found that the F-35 'worked' well as a default a/c.  I assume it has something to do with how variables do or don't get initialized. So even though you are using FSX, it nothing else helps you might try experimenting a bit with different default aircraft -- try the piper cub and even the B737!

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

I have done a little experimenting this evening using your suggestions Al and deleted any saved flights using the Falcon (including flights auto saved by FSUIPC) but this did not help. I have also tried starting FSX using default aircraft other than the Baron and I have found that starting with the Maule seems to have resolved the issue as the red cabin warning light was no longer illuminated in the Falcon on loading it in 3 separate tests. Clearly the issue was something to do with my setup but I guess the cause will remain a mystery! Many thanks for the help.

Bill

1 minute ago, scianoir said:

I have also tried starting FSX using default aircraft other than the Baron and I have found that starting with the Maule seems to have resolved the issue as the red cabin warning light was no longer illuminated in the Falcon on loading it in 3 separate tests.

Ah, glad to hear you found a solution. As they say, whatever works...!

Al