Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Library and Adblocker

I try very hard to be supportive because the file library is one of the 'Greats' of flight simming. Every time I go on it I get the 'It looks like your using Adblocker'. It's not wrong, I AM using Adblocker. However I DO disable it and continue to disable it for the Library but still the message persists. It's as if each new page (latest additions) is treated like a new website.  So, as many times as I click 'Disable for this site' I get the message the next time I visit it. Is there an i that needs dotting or a T that needs crossing somewhere?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On 3/27/2019 at 4:45 PM, Ron Attwood said:

I try very hard to be supportive because the file library is one of the 'Greats' of flight simming. Every time I go on it I get the 'It looks like your using Adblocker'. It's not wrong, I AM using Adblocker. However I DO disable it and continue to disable it for the Library but still the message persists. It's as if each new page (latest additions) is treated like a new website.  So, as many times as I click 'Disable for this site' I get the message the next time I visit it. Is there an i that needs dotting or a T that needs crossing somewhere?

Sir, please clear your question I didn't understand it.

Hi Ron,

First, AVSIM has no control over the ads Google places on the site.  We have switch that turns advertising on and off.  Google is in control as well as AdChoices.  If you click on the arrow in the upper right corner of the ad, it will show you who placed it there and, if you click on it, it will take you to a page where you can take certain actions.  Here's the link to an ad I found on this page - https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.

When I went to the Library I did not see the same advertisement you saw.  I have a feeling Google takes offense to you using an ad blocker so they counter it by displaying an advertisement you are seeing that it appears you are using Ad Blocker.  A nasty nag so that you will get so upset with it you'll turn the Ad Blocker off.

As you probably know, most browsers are cached and to remove the cache, you need to go into the settings and clear the cache.  This might remove the item that offends you.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Something is being lost in translation. Nothing is 'Offending' me.

I have Adblocker enabled for general use.

It is disabled for AVSIM

It is disabled for the Library.

But still I get the message. It's as if every new page of the new additions to the library is being treated as a new website which hasn't had Adblocker disabled.

But not to worry. .

8 hours ago, charlotteodling said:

Sir, please clear your question I didn't understand it.

Don't worry about it Charlotte.

4 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

But still I get the message. It's as if every new page of the new additions to the library is being treated as a new website which hasn't had Adblocker disabled.

We are currently updating the Library to the latest and greatest after 20 years with the current library.  This might be the reason you are seeing this.  We expect the Library to be completed within the next week or two.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Oh no! Not another 'Latest and Greatest'? Just when I've got this one down. :rolleyes:

Hi Ron

Are you using chrome with addon called "adblock" if you are you need to add the domain to filter setting so it lets them through all the time