Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Very unusual from LM?

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

I read that the other day. Why isn't he here anymore?

I was reading not long ago and it was also mentioned on the skylougeTV how the flight sim community has become more toxic and less tolerant.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bt103504 said:

Yikes, not sure if you're on the BETA team or not but someone somewhere is breaking an NDA which is a pretty serious issue. Really don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing, but might want to avoid giving out specific dates even if you have insider knowledge about something. Just trying to look out for you and your source Dave! 

He's joking, that's not an actual date.

8 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I was reading not long ago and it was also mentioned on the skylougeTV how the flight sim community has become more toxic and less tolerant.

So him leaving this place is because these forums have become toxic? Never noticed myself. Apart from some clowns every now and then but those pop up everywhere, not just in the flight sim community.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Bt103504 said:

Yikes, not sure if you're on the BETA team or not but someone somewhere is breaking an NDA which is a pretty serious issue. Really don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing, but might want to avoid giving out specific dates even if you have insider knowledge about something. Just trying to look out for you and your source Dave! 

I am quite certain its April 30th. I have it from 3 independent sources. A couple of days ago after I drank my tea, I saw that the tea leafs clearly said P3D v4.5 will be released on April 30th. Hmmm! I though, the tea lefts are rarely wrong! Then yesterday morning while changing my underwear I couldn't help but notice that the thread marks clearly indicated that P3D V4.5 would be released on April 30th. Intriguing, I thought. Then this morning I took a flight to Greece and made my way to Delphi to consult the Oracle. I said, "Oh Pythian Priestess, whence shalt Prepar3D V4.5 commit?" And out of the mist came the voice; "It shalt be thine April 30". So there you have it. You can got the bank with it.

And all after taking my pills,so I am definitely not delusional! 😁

I am happy enough with P3D v4.4, although significant improvements in loading times would be nice.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The next release date is within a month of whenever this topic comes up. Release date will be April 28th.

12 minutes ago, Avidean said:

thread marks

Bloomin' predictive text huh?

Edited by Jetset408

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

41 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Then it’s up to us to be setting the example others can follow. It seems to me that AVSIM takes pride in doing what’s necessary to ensure the preservation of a respectful and educative forum environment in which we can all participate and enjoy. Were it not the case I would be one of the first to depart....and I’ve been here 17 yrs and counting!

On the subject of the release date of v4.5, didn’t I read somewhere that the intervals between releases would be extended to, say, 6 months? With v5 on the horizon I can’t imagine what else they would wish to incorporate in v4.4 other than a few bug fixes. It’s pretty good as is. Mind you, LM might be using v4.4+ as a test bed for further development ideas in v5 so what’s the betting we will see a v4.6?

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avidean said:

I have it on good authority, It's being released on April 30th.😬

Nope, Dave, a higher authority guaranteed me 4.5 would be released on... April 1.

So exciting! :biggrin:

Greg

• Upvote 1

One thing I know for sure is that it won't be released on April 31st.  Don't ask me how I know...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

6 hours ago, Ronaldo1978 said:

Just watch out for Peter Dawsons next vacation  😉😉

Just noticed FSUIPC5 got updated to V5.151, it might be in preparation for the upcoming P3D V4.5

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

29 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Mind you, LM might be using v4.4+ as a test bed for further development ideas in v5 so what’s the betting we will see a v4.6?

I remember Adam Breed (that his name?!) from LM said v4 would be around for quite a while before an actual v5 so I think a v4.6 isn't that unlikely.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 minute ago, threegreen said:

I remember Adam Breed (that his name?!) from LM said v4 would be around for quite a while before an actual v5 so I think a v4.6 isn't that unlikely.

I agree, with the introduction of PBR and enhancing loading times for complex scenery that utilize the 64bit capabilities there is much work to be done before a v5 would be justified. I would venture to think that the next few updates for v4 are likely to be mostly back-end changes that optimize code and begin to resolve some of the long-standing issues that have plagued the platform since FSX

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, threegreen said:

So him leaving this place is because these forums have become toxic? Never noticed myself. Apart from some clowns every now and then but those pop up everywhere, not just in the flight sim community.

There were toxic comments against him. I'll not go into further detail, as there was a separate topic on this matter a few weeks ago which is closed now.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

18 minutes ago, pmb said:

There were toxic comments against him. I'll not go into further detail, as there was a separate topic on this matter a few weeks ago which is closed now.

I know when PMDG left there was some (unjustified) turmoil but toxic comments against a particular person, especially against someone like him? I agree, let's cut it off here.

Edited by threegreen

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

Rob indicated business and personal demands were taking the forefront. If you noticed, his website was closed down also.

Lest's leave it at that.

Closing this one down.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors