Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

P3Dv4.4 crashes on Exit - kernelbase.dll errors

Hi:

For more or less two months now, I´ve been experiencing P3Dv4.4 crashes on exit (they get unnoticed, unless you look for them in the Windows AppCrash utility), caused by a kernelbase.dll errors. Only two or three times the crashes have been produced during the simming session, the rest are produced just when exiting P3D, and that´s why they got unnoticed most of the time. Looking for this error in the excellent AVSIM CTD guide, so far I´ve checked the following:

1. Looked for corrrupted or missing system files using the sfc \scannow command. Nothing abnormal is found.

2. Used the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and completely removed the existing nVidia video driver 416.94 and reinstalled the same driver.

I have not yet rebuild my P3D config file, since my sliders have been the same I´m using from the days of P3Dv3, so I don´t suspect of any issues caused by it.

Any help from someone who may have experienced the same issue before?.

Thanks and cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

A module is not shutting down properly. So what did you have loaded. A p3d.cfg for psdv3 will probably not work in v4. In p3dv4 you can max out your p3dv4 settings but if you have an incompatible module, aircraft,  or scenery, your sim may appear to work properly but chances are good the sim will crash. I would disable your two dll.xml's and see if this fixes the problem. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I would disable your two dll.xml's and see if this fixes the problem. 

Hi Jim, thanks. I´ll check that.

Just for clarification, what I mentioned about P3Dv3 is that its settings are similar to those I´m using now in v4.4, but the p3d.cfg files of course are not the same.

I´ll report back.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

21 minutes ago, edpatino said:

what I mentioned about P3Dv3 is that its settings are similar to those I´m using now in v4.4, but the p3d.cfg files of course are not the same

I figured that but wanted to be sure.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've noticed that every time P3D closed in the "view reliable history"  I get a KERNELBASE.dll "crash". 4.4

So that and another crash that comes out of no were. Time to start again and update to 4.5....

I have spent two-night re-installing everything checking the report after every single addon, install one addon, open P3D, close P3D view to see any reports. Nothing until I installed GSXL2 and there it was back!

Too late here for me to work on it, but I know 100% it was not there until installing GSXL2.

Thoughts?

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

david  have you posted  at the  fdst  forum   sure  that the  dev  will  help 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, pete_auau said:

david  have you posted  at the  fdst  forum   sure  that the  dev  will  help 

No, Peter but I will, I've spoken to Ed (OP) like him I don't get the crash in flight it's when you close P3D down.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I got a reply, disappointing. 

It's not GSX? basically!

I don't understand how it would be anything else since it only occurs ones GSX is installed. Implying it's W7.

Un-install GSXv2 problem goes away, install problem back.

Edited by Nyxx

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Un-install GSXv2 problem goes away, install problem back.

Means you are not installing properly.  Installing with Admin Rights.  You might have installed GSX with Admin Rights and GSXv2 is installed w/o admin rights.

Submit News to AVSIM

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I got a reply, disappointing. It's not GSX? basically!

I don't understand how it would be anything else since it only occurs ones GSX is installed. Implying it's W7.

Umberto is correct. If "render to texture" is enabled, it will cause a crash on Windows 7 because it's calling an unsupported API. Disable that option (you'll lose the gate labels on the SODE jetways) and see what happens.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

35 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Means you are not installing properly.  Installing with Admin Rights.  You might have installed GSX with Admin Rights and GSXv2 is installed w/o admin rights.

I have all that turned off in W7 Jim I have full Admin Rights.

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Umberto is correct. If "render to texture" is enabled, it will cause a crash on Windows 7 because it's calling an unsupported API. Disable that option (you'll lose the gate labels on the SODE jetways) and see what happens.

Cheers!

Luke where can I look for that option to turn off, please.

51 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Luke where can I look for that option to turn off, please.

It's in the Add-on manager settings, select "Disable RTT".

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

14 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's in the Add-on manager settings, select "Disable RTT".

Cheers!

Thank you, Luke, but sadly it did not stop it.

Did you restart P3D after setting that option, and did it occur (and was the setting retained) on a subsequent P3D load/shutdown?

Cheers!

Luke Kolin