Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

So.... Stockholm Arlanda ESSA...??

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I just wish that decent quality photoscenery of Sweden was available, because there is no way that I can fly in and out of a detailed airport scenery that is surrounded by generic landclass textures and default autogen.

Pilot´s global software and ORBX Global, ORBX open LC Europe software maybe helps?

Edited by Wennerholm

3 hours ago, Virtpilot said:

ORBX ESSA here as well. Very satisfied with it, the only minor negative thing is that the building textures are flickering a bit. 

Deselect "Asphalt textures" my help.

Pilot´s global software and ORBX Global, ORBX open LC Europe software maybe helps?

Thanks for the suggestion, but all of that is still generic landclass scenery. Only high quality photoscenery (with or without autogen) is good enough for me :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Great airport and one of a small few (if not the only one if you only count airport scenery) that i have that takes up to 7,2gb VRAM. 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

So thanks for recommending the ESSA scenery guys, I picked it today and installed it, it's very nice looking, and I think the price ($24 USD) was very reasonable for what you get.

The physical configuration of the jetways is unlike anything i've ever seen before... They aren't on wheels and don't pivot as far as I can tell, they just sort of come straight out to attach the hood to the passenger door, so you must have the door well aligned with the jetway hood when you are parking at the gate. It's no big deal, it's just an arrangement i'm not familiar with, but they do work, and that's the important thing for me. 

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

they just sort of come straight out to attach the hood to the passenger door

Yes, there are similar jetways at many other nordic airports, e.g. in Gothenburg, Malmo, Helsinki, Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim or Tromso.
I personally love such jetways - there is something unique about them. Yes, they are a bit tricky in the sim, as sometimes you may need to stop precisely or slew a bit (especially for departure).

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2019 at 3:06 PM, Christopher Low said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but all of that is still generic landclass scenery. Only high quality photoscenery (with or without autogen) is good enough for me :smile:

There is not much to see here in Sweden. Therefore the lack of high quality photo scenery😀 

Edited by Wennerholm