Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

Falcon 50 Payload Manager InOp

I now have the latest update of the aircraft installed and have taken two cross countries.  Everything is working but the Payload Manager.  Before the update, I never had a problem with it.  This one shows a full load of fuel and no pilots although they are displayed.  The buttons don't work and the - & +s don't work.  You can go into the P3d menu and set the fuel, but that is a pain to do every flight.  The fuel will then reflect correctly and show a count down.  It's a lot easier to just use the Payload Manager.  Take care, Mike

Mike Nicholson, Jetline Systems PC, 4.20 Intel 4 Core i7-7700k CDU, Nividia GTX 1060 6GB card,  32722 mbs memory, Windows 10- 64bit, Prepar3D v4.4

21 minutes ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

I now have the latest update of the aircraft installed and have taken two cross countries.  Everything is working but the Payload Manager.  Before the update, I never had a problem with it.  This one shows a full load of fuel and no pilots although they are displayed.  The buttons don't work and the - & +s don't work.  You can go into the P3d menu and set the fuel, but that is a pain to do every flight.  The fuel will then reflect correctly and show a count down.  It's a lot easier to just use the Payload Manager.  Take care, Mike

Mike Nicholson, Jetline Systems PC, 4.20 Intel 4 Core i7-7700k CDU, Nividia GTX 1060 6GB card,  32722 mbs memory, Windows 10- 64bit, Prepar3D v4.4

Mike,

The engines have to be off and the parking brake on. You can then click in the lower right hand corner of the Payload Manger and the fuel truck will appear. You will also need some form of a/c power to be on (APU, GPU or batteries) in order for the Payload Manager 'gauges' to work. You should then be able to adjust the fuel quantities.

Al

Edited by ark

Al,

I just saw this.  I guess you're not kidding.  Am I correct in saying before this last download, I always used the Payload Manager to set the fuel load I wanted.  I've always started with the engines running.  Never set anything for that to be the case, but I have no desire to start the engines back up.  I stopped doing that a long time ago.  Take care, Mike

2 hours ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

Al,

I just saw this.  I guess you're not kidding.  Am I correct in saying before this last download, I always used the Payload Manager to set the fuel load I wanted.  I've always started with the engines running.  Never set anything for that to be the case, but I have no desire to start the engines back up.  I stopped doing that a long time ago.  Take care, Mike

Mike,

The Payload Manager code was set up this way in the interest of realism, i.e., you would not normally fuel a Falcon 50 with the engines running.

However, as I like to say, "to each his own" when it comes to how one likes to take part in the flight sim world. We all have different levels of interest in the different aspects of this hobby, have different amounts of time available, etc. So, long story short, if you PM me an email address I can send you a modified cab file so you can use the Payload Manager with the engines running by simply putting on the parking brake and setting the throttles at idle (call it semi-realism 😉 ). I used this modified file for convenience while developing a Lua script for a few folks who wanted to be able to save and restore the Falcon50 fuel state between flights.

Al

Edited by ark