Sign in to follow this  
Gdluque

PMDG 737-800 electrical failure with FSPassenger

Has someone combined FSPassengers with the PMDG 737-800? It turns out that last night, flying from São Paulo to Fortaleza, Brazil, at 50mn to take off and an FL250, 
FSPassenger generated a general failure of the electrical system, (I must say very well represented in this complex plane) And made a cascade effect ... 
First I ran out of radios of any kind, then within minutes the FMS fell. Then the MCP began to behave erratically, half of the lights did not work and the hydraulics 
also erratic. I could very painfully go back to SBGR and lower it to the ground. The FSpassenger report was good on how I handled the issue, but I recommended the next
"deactivate the Master Switch" to avoid potential fire .... What do you mean? To deactivate the battery? If I turn off the plane completely I think I end up stamped 
on the Christ of Rio de Janeiro. 
Anyone who has happened something similar ..?
Edited by Gdluque

10 hours ago, Gdluque said:

Has someone combined FSPassengers with the PMDG 737-800? It turns out that last night, flying from São Paulo to Fortaleza, Brazil, at 50mn to take off and an FL250, 
FSPassenger generated a general failure of the electrical system, (I must say very well represented in this complex plane) And made a cascade effect ... 
First I ran out of radios of any kind, then within minutes the FMS fell. Then the MCP began to behave erratically, half of the lights did not work and the hydraulics 
also erratic. I could very painfully go back to SBGR and lower it to the ground. The FSpassenger report was good on how I handled the issue, but I recommended the next
"deactivate the Master Switch" to avoid potential fire .... What do you mean? To deactivate the battery? If I turn off the plane completely I think I end up stamped 
on the Christ of Rio de Janeiro. 
Anyone who has happened something similar ..?

Follow the emergency procedure outlined for the plane.

FSPassengers and similar programs are neat add-ons to make the sim into a game that gives you some variance, and a feeling that you're working towards something, but it's relatively weak in the realm of realism. This is the same add-on, if I recall correctly, that will get on your case for using a vertical speed that is "too high." People don't feel speed - they feel acceleration. The only thing passengers notice in a steep descent is that their ears pop more frequently, and that would be a pretty aggressive descent.

If you want to experience failures properly, use our built-in functions (in the CDU menu), and follow the QRH.

Short version: If you want realism, use our failure options, and the QRH. If you just want to try out what FSP can offer, then do that, but also realize that it might be asking you to do things that might not be realistic, or may make a bigger deal out of things than they really are.

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

I seem to remember years ago somebody having the issue where they taxiied over an invisible hole in the scenery, and FSPassengers stated that several passengers died when the plane experienced a sudden descent rate of 12 feet per minute, or something along those lines. That would be the equivalent of if I just walked up to you, nudged you, and you died. Seems a bit extreme if you ask me.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.