Sign in to follow this  
ha5mvo

some sounds lost after update

since 1.7 I have lost some of the sounds, mostly the checklist challenge phrases. The response and other sounds are audible though.

Also, my FO doesn't want to set the flaps before taxi or raise them during climb (he does that after landing though.

Perhaps the voice version is good, as I have heard many superlatives in that regard but I have to admit the button version is quite disappointing. It's minimal, very rigid in its flow structure and most importantly either fails to perform some of the actions or is just unaware to the true state of various switches or controls.

Edited by ha5mvo
replaced the word "ignornt" with "unaware" due to forum filter

Which specific sounds do you think you've lost?

V1.7 only made a small change to button control, that was having the FO set the hydraulic pumps during the after start flow.

As for button control being rigid compared to voice, that's the just nature of button control.  It has to scripted.  There's no way around the scripting.

What I'm missing is all the "captain" challenges - namely the phrases you see in the box. Might be something in my sound setup but I do hear all the FO responses and I only use simple stereo speakers.

I do understand the limits of button version but in this case it is an entirely canned and linear script that will go through the motions even when the aircraft is on the ground with its engines off.

1 hour ago, byork said:

Are you using a headset? 

That is correct!

When I use the headset, it offers me the choice of headset/speakers/default. My issue though, is with the headset off so its either Realtek/default that I can choose from

Edited by ha5mvo

Make sure you're using your headset properly.

If using a Headset, press HS on the FS2Crew Main Panel, and select your headset audio device on the FS2Crew Config Panel.

If not using a headset, all your FS2Crew sounds will by default go out your main speakers (usually your primarly playback device in the windows control panel).

23 hours ago, byork said:

If not using a headset, all your FS2Crew sounds will by default go out your main speakers (usually your primarly playback device in the windows control panel).

Yes, I'm aware of that. It would have been probable if I could hear nothing at all but as I said in the original post I DO have FS2crew audio coming out of the speakers and its always the same voice that's missing!

I did try to reinstall the program thinking perhaps something got corrupted but unfortunately I had the same result after a complete uninstall/reinstall.

Yes, that was indeed the issue! the speakers for some reason were configured as 7.1 instead of stereo.

Issue is resolved

Thanks for the help!