Sign in to follow this  
srd

530 on screen "Configuration Error" message

I'm getting the message light blinking on the 530. It says "Configuration Error" "Config service req'd". I don't see anything out of the ordinary. I'm running FSX gold. Also, how does one get rid of the top white bar after I've placed the map in my RealSimGear 530.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

This unfortunately most likely means the GNS internal settings are corrupted somehow.

These are stored in the device non-volatile memory file. You can read more about these files in the RXP GNS V2 User's Manual.

The solution is to restore default device memory, which in turns resets your in-device settings (not the RXP per-aircraft settings). To do so, just delete the non-volatile file for your device (see User's Manual for file names) and the next time the GNS starts it will create one anew.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for the help, but it didn't seem to work. If I did it right, the file for my device in C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\ "sys_nand0" did not get rewritten. Any other thoughts? I did try uninstalling and reinstalling, but the installer said there was a record or something already present. So it seems uninstalling it leaves something behind somewhere. Sure could use some help here!

Thanks,

Steve

The file you've delete is not the device file indicated in the user's manual.

The User's Manual shows a different path to look for, and says sys_nand0 is the "default original file."

You've deleted the default clean file each device file gets created from, and since this is the genuine trainer file, there is no other way than reinstalling the Garmin trainer to restore it.

Once you do, please make sure to delete the file for the GNS 530 (#1 or #2 depending on which one is causing problems) in the correct folder as indicated in the User's Manual.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks for the encouragement to read the manual. All is working now.

Steve

• Like 1

8 hours ago, srd said:

Thanks for the encouragement to read the manual

Thank you for this!

Most of the time people think of the wrong F when saying RTFM (Read The Fantastic Manual), I'm glad you've got it sorted out with it.

• Like 1