Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

Airport UEEE Mounds on runway

To all,

Looking for suggestion(s) to serious "mounds"  issue on runways at Yakutsk (UEEE). I am running Win 7-64 with FSX Acceleration. 

I have Pilot's Global Ultimate,  Orbx Global LC and Vector installed.  Also My Traffic Pro. 

Note: I have installed the AFM2 "fix" for UEEE, but no help.

Please copy / paste the below link into your browser's address bar to view the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxgfdsdz0xdrxt1/MG_051.jpg?dl=0

Thank you,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

2 hours ago, Elsmoko said:

To all,

Looking for suggestion(s) to serious "mounds"  issue on runways at Yakutsk (UEEE). I am running Win 7-64 with FSX Acceleration. 

I have Pilot's Global Ultimate,  Orbx Global LC and Vector installed.  Also My Traffic Pro. 

Note: I have installed the AFM2 "fix" for UEEE, but no help.

Please copy / paste the below link into your browser's address bar to view the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxgfdsdz0xdrxt1/MG_051.jpg?dl=0

Thank you,

Ken Boardman

I built this airport for P3dv4 using ADE (Airport Design Editor) and didn't have any problems.  I am using Freeware Mesh, Orbx Global LC and Vector.  I don't know what the AFM2 "fix" is?  

Try going into FTX Global Tools and try to adjust it using the Airport Elevation Tool.

Deactivate Pilot's Global Ultimate, Orbx Global LC and Vector to see if that fixes the problem.  If it does, then add back each one until the problem reoccurs.  

Another potential problem is the scenery layer priority and duplicate airports.  

If this was a problem on one of my sceneries I built using ADE, I would use "flatten".  This is a problem that can be easily fixed, just may take a little trial and error.  

Just for information purposes there is only one runway now in use at UEEE and the FSX location is off substantially.

Bill

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Many thank for all the great TS tips Bill.  I'm guessing the UEEE that you created won't

work for FSX.  If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll be after it ~:)

Just to follow up after my last night's actions >>

I used AEC,  and Pilot's Software (Global Ultimate) AFM2 to "fix" UEEE.  Still have the issue.

Very strange issue >> from ~4nm out on the RW 5R approach the runways appear

as normal.  Then as I advance on the approach at ~3.5nm out the mounds start appearing 

at the near end of the RW and build steadily, advancing farther across the airport ahead

of me until when I arrive at the near end of RW 5R the runway is no longer there;   and it

is under a mound that is the entire length of the runway.  It seems that the mounds may

begin building when the moving / advancing limit of the autogen scenery arrives at

the nearest airport boundary and then move away across the airport at my approach 

speed.

I wish I could explain this more clearly, but alas........  

Regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman

28 minutes ago, Elsmoko said:

I wish I could explain this more clearly, but alas..

Ken,

I understand what you are seeing and have seen the issue at other airports.  There maybe a duplicate airport issue involved.  Like I suggested above uncheck FTX Global and Vector and let me know what happens. I don't mind working with you on this. 🙂

Bill 

Thank you for the help Bill.  This afternoon I  disabled the Pilot's Software FS Global Ultimate (worldwide mesh) and FTX/Orbx Vector and flew a short

route from UHPP to UEEE.  On arrival,  the airport appeared normal within it's boundary;  however the whole airport appeared as elevated

above the adjacent terrain by about 20' (think landing on a giant aircraft carrier > without the "wobble", LOL!!).  On a "side note",  I noticed a lake to

the west of the airport that was also elevated ~20' above the local terrain. 

Ken Boardman

This may be related to the AFM2 "fix'.  Add back FS Global Ultimate and see if things level out. 

Bill 

Hi Bill,

I am reluctant to confess this, but I've taken the wimp's "way out" with this UEEE problem >> Found a freeware UEEE at the Russian AVSIM site
that is working well and looks better than the default.... The night appearance / lighting are great. The author also added an ILS to RW 23 . The installation
was a bit tricky due to my VERY limited understanding of the written Russian in the readme installation instructions. Required use of my VERY limited imagination :rolleyes:
Link below:
https://www.avsimrus.com/files.phtm...author=1&sopt_fname=1&sopt_comms=1&minrating=

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman

1 hour ago, Elsmoko said:

I am reluctant to confess this, but I've taken the wimp's "way out" with this UEEE problem

Ken,

What ever it takes. 🙂

Glad you got a viable solution.

Grace and Peace, 

In ADE create a polygon that covers the airfield, double click after creation and choose the flatten checkbox?

Thank you for the suggestion Enko.  I'm good for now with UEEE.  I have stored your tip for future

use when the issue will (surely) raise it's ugly head again ~:)

Ken

Ken Boardman